Hello, everybody! Here we go with another week. Hopefully Wednesday comes fast because my baby has left me for work yet again. Stevie and I shall do tons of snuggling together while bumming it up on the couch. Or maybe we'll be awesome and go for long walks and be social. Although the last time he was out of town we did go to a bar and she did sneak behind the bar and bark at the bartender after she barked at guys on the patio and then she escaped through the back door and ran down the street with me chasing her like a crazy person. Maybe we shouldn't let that happen again. Where was I again? Oh yes, the weekend. It was a good one, folks. Some highlights include ::
- The Campaign - we had free tickets so we figured a comedy would be the best way to spend them. It was funny but I'm not going to tell you all to go rush out and see it. It is definitely Netflix worthy and you will definitely laugh. I'm also sure that whenever you see pugs you will think of this movie.
- Douglass Loop Farmers Market - we traveled down to the Highlands to get our farmers market fix. It's not quite as easy for us to go to one here as it was in Chicago. I mean, we just walked two blocks and voila - the Logan Square Farmers Market and all its glory was right there! This one may not have been as big as the LS one, or as many people or as much variety, but it still made me happy and we still made it home with flowers and beets (we have no shortage on tomatoes this year!).
- Tom + Chee - this is a new grilled cheese restaurant in town that is all the rage. We were so close to getting food from the taco truck but when I realized I was planning to eat the same meal for lunch and dinner we opted to hightail it over to grilled cheese heaven. It was pretty great but considering the fact that grilled cheese is my vegetarian staple I was a little disappointed with the lack of options for myself. It was a meaty grilled cheese paradise, much to my chagrin. But still delish - and cheap!
- We painted our stairwell! What a task. We used this color again and it really brightened it up a lot. It was so much of a task that we honestly only did one coat. It could probably benefit another coat but if you saw how tall this stairwell was and how hard it was for my 6'4" husband to reach you'd opt to not paint another coat as well :)
- Captain's Quarters - what a strange place this is. Going to this restaurant was like being on vacation in Florida mixed with a weekend at Kentucky Lake. Insert a 1992 high school reunion, a one man cover band and people walking around in suits, bikinis and resort wear and you can easily fool yourself into believing that you've left Louisville and gone on a very weird vacation. On the Ohio river, no less. But hey, the weather was nice and a rich old sleazy man with very bad jokes bought my husband a tequila shot and a beer!
- After a Sunday brunch at home featuring biscuits and gravy, we got productive and did our chores. But then I took advantage of the sunny Sunday afternoon and baked this and made the whole house smell heavenly!
Apparently this Monday is all about really super long sentences (see above). How were your weekends? Thanks for all the good vibes you sent Anna-Maria's way, that lady is now a DOCTOR! Holy guacamole, congrats, my friend!
Here's to a wonderful week ahead, my friends. Remember...wake up and be awesome.