Weekend Recap


Hello, everybody!  Here we go with another week.  Hopefully Wednesday comes fast because my baby has left me for work yet again.  Stevie and I shall do tons of snuggling together while bumming it up on the couch.  Or maybe we'll be awesome and go for long walks and be social.  Although the last time he was out of town we did go to a bar and she did sneak behind the bar and bark at the bartender after she barked at guys on the patio and then she escaped through the back door and ran down the street with me chasing her like a crazy person.  Maybe we shouldn't let that happen again.  Where was I again? Oh yes, the weekend.  It was a good one, folks. Some highlights include ::

  • The Campaign - we had free tickets so we figured a comedy would be the best way to spend them.  It was funny but I'm not going to tell you all to go rush out and see it.  It is definitely Netflix worthy and you will definitely laugh.  I'm also sure that whenever you see pugs you will think of this movie.  
  • Douglass Loop Farmers Market - we traveled down to the Highlands to get our farmers market fix.  It's not quite as easy for us to go to one here as it was in Chicago.  I mean, we just walked two blocks and voila - the Logan Square Farmers Market and all its glory was right there!  This one may not have been as big as the LS one, or as many people or as much variety, but it still made me happy and we still made it home with flowers and beets (we have no shortage on tomatoes this year!).  
  • Tom + Chee - this is a new grilled cheese restaurant in town that is all the rage.  We were so close to getting food from the taco truck but when I realized I was planning to eat the same meal for lunch and dinner we opted to hightail it over to grilled cheese heaven.  It was pretty great but considering the fact that grilled cheese is my vegetarian staple I was a little disappointed with the lack of options for myself.  It was a meaty grilled cheese paradise, much to my chagrin.  But still delish - and cheap!
  • We painted our stairwell! What a task.  We used this color again and it really brightened it up a lot.  It was so much of a task that we honestly only did one coat.  It could probably benefit another coat but if you saw how tall this stairwell was and how hard it was for my 6'4" husband to reach you'd opt to not paint another coat as well :)
  • Captain's Quarters - what a strange place this is.  Going to this restaurant was like being on vacation in Florida mixed with a weekend at Kentucky Lake.  Insert a 1992 high school reunion, a one man cover band and people walking around in suits, bikinis and resort wear and you can easily fool yourself into believing that you've left Louisville and gone on a very weird vacation.  On the Ohio river, no less.  But hey, the weather was nice and a rich old sleazy man with very bad jokes bought my husband a tequila shot and a beer!
  • After a Sunday brunch at home featuring biscuits and gravy, we got productive and did our chores.  But then I took advantage of the sunny Sunday afternoon and baked this and made the whole house smell heavenly!

Apparently this Monday is all about really super long sentences (see above).  How were your weekends? Thanks for all the good vibes you sent Anna-Maria's way, that lady is now a DOCTOR!  Holy guacamole, congrats, my friend!  

Here's to a wonderful week ahead, my friends.  Remember...wake up and be awesome.

11 comments:

Kyla August 20, 2012 at 9:05 AM  

Happy Monday! That grilled cheese resturant sounds amazing...I've been craving grilled cheese for so long! I like that paint color too...and the name 'nimbus cloud' is pretty great :)

Jenny N August 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM  

oooh, I didn't know Tom and Chee was in Louisville now! love that place! My husband recently tried to grilled cheese donut...yikes. He liked it though.

Gloria August 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

You always have the best weekends :-) The grilled cheese restaurant sounds like my kinda place!

A Crimson Kiss August 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM  

Cracking up about Stevie's antics, and loving the delicious sound of your weekend! All I can think about is grilled cheese and biscuits and gravy!

Amber August 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM  

I know all about the hassles of painting a stairwell. It is not a fun job by any means. I only did one coat too. :)

Katie August 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM  

Your description of Captain's Quarters made me laugh out loud. By myself. I've been there once, before a high school dance, and an, um, elderly gentleman told my friends and I (we were sans dates) we were too young to be out by ourselves looking so pretty...

Good times.

Stephanie August 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM  

We saw The Campaign this weekend too and I loved it! I thought it was great satire but, sadly, a little close to the reality of politics.

Laicie August 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

Here's to grilled cheese and delicious lemon cake... your weekend is making my mouth water! And I love that pretty color... and sympathize with stairwell painting... it took us two years to get around to painting ours... big big task those darn tall walls. :)

colleen August 20, 2012 at 8:30 PM  

your sunday sounds amazing! mine was filled with apartment hunting, always a joy in nyc ;) luckily i had some snickers ice cream on hand to ease the pain.

AbbieBabble August 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM  

Biscuits and gravy at home? That sounds like perfection.

Happy Monday!

rooth August 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM  

I just went to a farmer's market myself today and can't believe I haven't done so sooner - the colours are just so vibrant and much more so than a regular grocery store

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails