Friends, I need your advice. I know you guys have good taste and know many things about decorating/designing. So can you please help?
The picture above is our fireplace. Never mind the boxes and mirror and other random things strewn about around it. We still haven't unpacked our living room because we're waiting to paint. I swear.
Speaking of paint...that's where you come in. Even though it looks gray in the picture, our walls are all painted the same color. It's a brownish/mauve-ish/pinkish/taupeish color and it's not for us. The stone in the fireplace has a mix of red and blue undertones and all the woodwork in our house is white. We have very pretty crown molding and our front door is the most fabulous front door ever. See?
So anyway, that's what we have to work with when choosing a paint color. Some things to remember ::
- The room is sort of long and narrow
- The stone in the fireplace has cool undertones
- We are fans of open and airy homes
- We are not fans of the brownish/pinkish/mauve-ish/taupe-ish color on the wall or any colors like it.
- I wrote this post before we moved in about decor inspiration (just so you know).
That's all. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have!