What Makes You Smile

Good morning! It's April from over at April, Maybe and I'm hijacking Mo Pie, Please. Don't worry, it's just for today! ;) Meagan is over on my blog talking about everything that makes her smile.

First off, here's a playlist of songs that never fail to make me smile. You should play it while you make your way through the rest of this post! Yay for interactive blogging!





Smiles All Around playlist:

1. Stay the Night by James Blunt
James Blunt sings some of my favorite woe-is-me! songs, so when I heard his new album, I was pleasantly surprised by this song. It reminds me of stolen hours in the summertime.

2. Electric Feel by Katy Perry 
I had to include a song by my girl, Katy, and this one is perfect because it's actually a cover of a song by MGMT, another one of my favorite bands!

3. Next Girl by the Black Keys
If this song doesn't make you jiggle your leg at least once, we can't be friends. It's infectious, and deliciously angsty!

4. Down with Love by Blossom Dearie
Bebop. Enough said.

5. I Can't Get Next to You by the Temptations
My mom listened to the Temptations when she was young and so when I was young, that's what we listened to, too. Plus that Temptations mini-series came out when I was 8, so really, it was inevitable that just about every Temptations song makes me smile. It was a feat to pick just one!

6. The Moneymaker by Rilo Kiley
This is a song to dance around your room in your underwear to.

7. 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
This summer I had my first full-time job and some days I have to sing this to myself.

8. Don't Worry Baby by the Beach Boys
I won't say I hadn't heard this song before, but I didn't fully appreciate it until Micaela from Dolce Vita put it on a mix for me. And if you knew how much I loved you, baby, nothing could go wrong with you.

Now that you've got some music to put you in the mood, here are a few more things that put a smile on my face!


This crazy yahoo! My little sister, Autumn. Since we are related, she does make me frown, and huff and puff, and stomp my foot, but she makes me smile more often than not. Through thick and thin!


Rainbows as seen from plane windows!

PIE!!! It's uber appropriate, seeing as I'm posting here at Mo Pie, Please today, but I'm not faking my love of pie. Pie is my favorite food in the entire world. . . key lime pie, pecan pie, chocolate cream pie, apple pie, sweet potato pie, lemon custard pie. . . you get the picture!


My best friends.


Doing silly things with those two best friends.


A tall glass of bubbly! I like the tickle on my lips. . . and the warm feeling in my toes.


Animals Being Dicks is my new favorite website. I can't stop watching, or smiling.


Painted nails. I love looking down and seeing a good manicure!

Other things that make me smile? Let me see. . . silk pajamas, candles that smell like baked goods, baked goods, snail mail, freckles, frozen yogurt with sprinkles, summer sun, blog friends, new books, old books. . . the list could do on and on! I smile a lot. :)

Eep! I loved sharing all these things with you here at Mo Pie, Please, and seeing all the things that make Meagan smile over at my blog. Hope you enjoyed it, too!

8 comments:

Mal August 9, 2011 at 8:20 AM  

Great list! What a cool manicure. Also, now I want a piece of Key Lime Pie w/ raspberry sauce!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

classiq August 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

Lovely post! It's the little things that always make us smile. :)
Ada

Bad Joan August 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

This is an awesome playlist! And that pie looks very delicious!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com

A Crimson Kiss August 9, 2011 at 3:18 PM  

I love this, and seeing my favorite bloggers switch places for the day!

Jaime @ laviejaime August 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

fun manicure! i must listen to Katy Perry's electric feel cover- love that mgmt song!

Micaela August 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

i love april!!!! and all the things that make her happy-- rainbows as seen from a plane? for this girl who is always nervous when she flies, that would put me right to ease. what a gooorgeous photo!

confetti nails and sister time + having great best friends... all you need in life :) april's mixed tapes are always my favorite.

fun posts!!!! :)

smallburst August 10, 2011 at 8:35 AM  

Oooh, i've never heard next girl but I am liking it. Also love Down With Love. Great list. Now off to check out Animals Being Dicks. LOL.

Anya Z August 17, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

Pie is MY favorite food too!!! The name of your blog is actually the reason I came here... I knew I'd like you :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails