Sorry for the belated post my friends - but it has been one very busy day. I've been up since 4:30 and I'm feeling like I should have called it a night hours ago, but the evening has only just begun!
This weekend was pretty wonderful, to say the least. We celebrated our anniversary the best way imaginable for our lives at this moment of time and my goodness the cake was good. Some highlights include ::
- First Friday's along Market - we may not have actually seen any art but we had a great time drinking....
- Saturday brunch at Anchorage Cafe/2 mile walk along the most beautiful of trails - I seriously feel so lucky to be able to hop on that trail any time I want. The first time I went I had a staring contest with a deer!
- Baking, baking, baking! I made a rather delicious recreation of our wedding cake that included fresh berries, custard and the best ever homemade buttercream frosting. I finally got to break in our mixer (that my mom gave us as a wedding present) and it felt so nice to bake in our kitchen and have all that counter space.
- Drinking our wine + champagne
- Eating dinner/dessert in our screened-in porch (which includes a ceiling fan to keep cool, phew)
- Relaxing + watching You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger (pretty good movie)
- Sunday homemade brunch (poached eggs + hollandaise sauce + toast + hash browns)
- Home Depot trip to buy various things but also to buy lumber to make a sweet coffee table
- Hangin' + chillin' with awesome people
What did all of you get up to this weekend? Something extraordinary, I hope! Happy Monday, friends!
PS - THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the very sweet comments and congratulations about our anniversary! You guys are totally the best.