Weekend Recap


Sorry for the belated post my friends - but it has been one very busy day.  I've been up since 4:30 and I'm feeling like I should have called it a night hours ago, but the evening has only just begun!  

This weekend was pretty wonderful, to say the least.  We celebrated our anniversary the best way imaginable for our lives at this moment of time and my goodness the cake was good.  Some highlights include ::

  • First Friday's along Market - we may not have actually seen any art but we had a great time drinking....
  • Saturday brunch at Anchorage Cafe/2 mile walk along the most beautiful of trails - I seriously feel so lucky to be able to hop on that trail any time I want.  The first time I went I had a staring contest with a deer!
  • Baking, baking, baking!  I made a rather delicious recreation of our wedding cake that included fresh berries, custard and the best ever homemade buttercream frosting.  I finally got to break in our mixer (that my mom gave us as a wedding present) and it felt so nice to bake in our kitchen and have all that counter space.  
  • Drinking our wine + champagne
  • Eating dinner/dessert in our screened-in porch (which includes a ceiling fan to keep cool, phew)
  • Relaxing + watching You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger (pretty good movie)
  • Sunday homemade brunch (poached eggs + hollandaise sauce + toast + hash browns)
  • Home Depot trip to buy various things but also to buy lumber to make a sweet coffee table
  • Hangin' + chillin' with awesome people

What did all of you get up to this weekend?  Something extraordinary, I hope!  Happy Monday, friends!

PS - THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the very sweet comments and congratulations about our anniversary! You guys are totally the best.

20 comments:

this free bird August 8, 2011 at 6:10 PM  

Many, many congrats to you both!! You had me at cake. hehe

xo,
C

Jess August 8, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

Sounds fabulous, especially the brunch! I can't wait to see the coffee table you plan on making! When you are finished would you mind building one for me as well??? k, Thanks in advance! :)

Caroline August 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM  

Belated Congrats!!!!! XO!

Leontien August 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

Ok seems your not the only one being a bit "slow"....

HAPPY ANIVERSARY!!! and many many years to come for you and your hubby!

Leontien

Isabel August 8, 2011 at 9:16 PM  

sounds like you had a lovely time :)

Silver Strands August 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

Sounds wonderful ... CONGRATULATIONS!

April August 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM  

Sounds like an amazing weekend, and happy belated anniversary!!

Karena August 8, 2011 at 10:51 PM  

I hope you had a most wonderful Anniversary, it sounds like it!!

The cake looks delish!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Carissa Thilgen August 8, 2011 at 11:35 PM  

oh my, your weekend sounds absolutely delicious! haha. and that cake is gorgeous! happy belated anniversary!

colleen August 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM  

this looks amazing and so fun. congrats on your anniversary!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. August 9, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

yah! im glad you had a fun weekend and enjoyed your anniversary :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Kirby Margaret August 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

so sweet. Love the cake recreation! I can't wait to start celebrating our wedding anniversaries

Mal August 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM  

Congrats! Sounds like a wonderful celebration.

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Johanna August 9, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

Honestly...this sounds like such a fabulous anniversary. Not to mention delicious. Kudos to you guys!

Huckleberry Creative August 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

Aw yay! Glad to hear the anniversary was wonderful!

How exciting to break in a new mixer too!

Amber August 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

one thing my kitchen is missing is a bombastic mixer. You are a smart girl for registering for one. Glad the cake turned out delicious.

honey my heart August 9, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

sounds like a super fun weekend :) happy anniversary!

caroline August 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM  

So glad you had a great anniversary!!

natasha {schue love} August 10, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

Yum! That cake looks delish! I cheated and ordered one from our bakery! :)

katie August 17, 2011 at 6:42 AM  

LOVE the tree-stump idea! so cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails