Feeling the Love


Since Saturday is our first wedding anniversary (eeps!) I wanted to sort of dedicate this week to the special occasion.   I can't believe an entire year has passed - it's both incredibly exciting and sort of sad!  Sad because it means it's been a year since we've been in Napa, had both our families together and camped with our friends at Point Reyes.  Sad because I don't think we're considered newlyweds any longer (but that's ok).  But it's mostly very exciting :)

Since we just bought this awesome house, we're not exchanging gifts on Saturday.  After all, the paper part of the anniversary really is the deed to our house.  Perfect, right?  So since we have had a crazy last month and a half, I think we'll be spending the day recreating our cake, drinking champagne and being all lovey-dovey at home.  Sounds good to me.


We didn't save the top of our cake.  Not only were we in California for the wedding but it just kind of grosses me out to freeze something and eat it a year later.  So we opted to recreate our cake instead!

It was the best tasting wedding cake ever.  While the design didn't quite turn out like I wanted (they just didn't understand me at the bakery!) and they didn't transfer the cake onto the tree log cake stand like I insisted (that still bothers me) it was still the most delicious and appreciated cake in wedding history.  No joke.  That little cake topper was made by our friend and best man, Alex and we've had it on display ever since.  I can't wait to get in the kitchen and bake my first cake since moving in.  It's a silver cake with custard and fresh berries with a buttercream frosting.  Should be easy enough, right?  


We've got several bottles of our wedding wine leftover that we've been saving for special occasions such as this.  It's a vintage mountain cuvee from 2000 that tastes dreamy and when you pop the cork, the aroma of the wine takes me right back to the special day!  We also plan to pop open the Mumm champagne we served as well, but that goes without saying!



Even though we won't be exchanging gifts, I'd love to copy these ideas to have something in the years to come.  A picture within a picture seems like a really fun idea and it's pretty easy to make that happen.


Last, I can't wait to go through our "guest book" and all the cards we were sent and feel my heart swell from all the love.

I want to thank each and everyone of you who had a helping hand in our big day.  Even if you weren't actually at the wedding - so many of you lovely readers of mine helped me plan and prepare and left me full of more excitement than I ever thought possible!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

* All images via Pinterest (except the cake)

42 comments:

Morgan August 2, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

Congratulations! Love all the ideas and that you're doing so much to celebrate. I'm 3 months into my marriage and it's already going too fast!

Dori the Giant August 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Awe, that's amazing! You're really lucky. I feel like I'll never find anybody for me!

You guys look great by the way.

Katie August 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

I've heard that you get to be newlyweds for two years.

My aunt says you're newlyweds for as long as you'd like.

Either way, happy anniversary!

ChinkyGirLMeL August 2, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

Awwww congrats on your wedding anniversary and cheers to many more wonderful years together!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} August 2, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

Picture within a picture!!! How cool is that! I'm stealing that idea for my anniversary.

Enjoy celebrating together...it's a big deal so party it up!

Mal August 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Happy almost anniversary!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Bel August 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Happy Anniversary!!! Love all these wedding pictures. Makes me want to get married asap haha.

Belly B :)

Stephanie August 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

Happy anniversary! This post is so sweet. I just love Love!!! It makes me wanna get married right now!! :)

Tang August 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

Aww. Happy early anniversary! I don't think I would want to save the top of the cake for a year either. Your idea is way better! :))

Huckleberry Creative August 2, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

Aw congratulations on your first anniversary! I love the photo within a photo idea to remember!

Sara August 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

Ah, congrats! I love all these ideas you've posted! My BF and I are celebrating our anniversay on Monday (4 years, yay us!). August must be a lucky month for love!

The Olive Tree Blog August 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Oh love the cake topper! We take a photo every year holding the number of the that anniversary and then I keep an anniversary journal...what we did...where we ate and so on ;0 )

Sarah Engel August 2, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

such great ideas:) happy anniversary. Loving this post and all the love.x

Gloria August 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

I love the idea of recreating your wedding cake! Ours has been sitting in the freezer and I really can't imagine it's too appetizing :-) Happy (early) anniversary!

Amber August 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

happy anniversary to the both of you. I really love that picture within a picture idea. very clever.

Bonnie August 2, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

cutecutecutecutecute.
You guys are adorable, and I love your ideas. I'm going to bank them and save them for when Mr. A and I celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

natasha {schue love} August 2, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

Happy One Year! So sweet and exciting! I know I had a hard time letting go of "newlywed" too! :) Good luck on recreating the cake! We had our bakery make us a mini anniversary cake with our flavors...super yummy!

this free bird August 2, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

Congrats to you both--and here's to many more years ahead! xoxo-C

Melissa Blake August 2, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

i love the picture idea!!

And HAPPY anniversary to you! xoxo

jillian :: cornflake dreams. August 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

a deed to your first home sounds like the PERFECT anniversary gift!! i hope you two have fun celebrating. and good luck with that cake! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Isabel August 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

happy anniversary!! i hope you have a wonderful day :)

Katie August 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM  

Happy anniversary! This post has so many adorable pictures, I love the picture with a picture :)

Ivana August 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM  

What a beautiful post! Happy anniversary! You look so happy together, it´s always so amazing to see all that love!
Enjoy your special week!

xx Ivana
Style in the City

Kirby Margaret August 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM  

Happy anniversary week! I love that you are drinking wine left over from the wedding. my BFF gets as wedding gifts to her friends 3 bottles of wine, the 1st is good to drink on your 1 year anniversary, the 2nd to drink on year 5 and the 3rd to drink on year 10! I just love that idea... and I hope she does that for me! :)

you could go out and buy a new bottle of wine that should be good to drink on your next anniversary and start a tradition of sorts ;)

Johanna August 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM  

A very happy anniversary to you, my dear. You're a newlwed as long as you want to be. That's what I say!

ag. August 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

How exciting! We just had out first anniversary in May! We pulled out the frozen, year old cupcake and to be honest, I wished we hadn't! Definitely washed it down with a bottle of champagne from the winery where we got married. I love your idea of recreating the cake...that would have tasted much better!

A Crimson Kiss August 2, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

The idea of your deed being your paper gift actually made me tear up a little, Mo! What an amazing, exciting year!

Bud and Leo August 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

Happy Anniversary! Time flies so fast!

April August 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

Happy anniversary! I love that picture of that couple holding pictures of themselves each year. That's so creative!

annelise August 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM  

Happy anniversary! Recreating the cake sounds like a great idea (I am also grossed out at the thought of eating year-old cake, whether it has been frozen or not).

I've seen the picture within a picture photo around lately and I think it's a great idea. Lots of fun.

Have a great week of celebrations!

Anonymous,  August 2, 2011 at 8:32 PM  

Happy Anniversary! I wish you many more years!
xx
Z

katie walker August 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

i love that picture within a picture idea!!! so cool.

Jennifer August 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

Early Happy Anniversary wishes to you and your beau! I think your quiet celebration is a wonderful idea, especially since (as you said) you've already gotten your paper gift!

Unknown August 2, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

A very GIANT congratulations to you two!!! That is so exciting :) And I think your celebratory plans sound absolutely perfect!!! xoxoxo brynn

iheartkiwi August 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM  

Happy 1st anniversary lady! You guys are adorable!

I love the idea of recreating the wedding photo pose each year... what a great way to mark the passage of time! So cute!

Tracey August 3, 2011 at 6:07 AM  

How lovely ... congratulations on your wonderful anniversary ... being married is awesome! :)

Tamra {ever swoon} August 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

I love all those wedding ideas, especially having a photo each year. perhaps my hubs and i will reenact some photos from our big day. happy early wedding anniversary!!! That wine sounds delish!

Erin August 3, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

Happy (early) Anniversary!!

apocalypstick August 4, 2011 at 12:26 AM  

Picture within a picture is like
I N C E P T I O N

congrats!!

Some Korean Website Highjacker August 4, 2011 at 1:49 AM  

awe, love all the love going on over here! congrats to you both on this big marker in time. cheers to more years to come and loads more happy times to share. many blessings! ♥

Wedding Favors August 5, 2011 at 2:40 AM  

You have beautiful memories. Your are very lucky guy... You never change whatever the conditions comes.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails