Weekend Recap

{my sister-in-law's French Bulldog, Canuba}

When you really love your life and are having a lot of fun, the time sure does fly by that much quicker.  Where did the weekend go? I feel like it didn't even exist!  It really was a good one, even though there was a havoc-wreaking storm on Saturday evening which interfered with some plans.  Get this - students were supposed to start school today in Louisville, but due to the sever thunderstorm we had, they canceled it.  Can you believe that? Those lucky kids!  But seriously...there's no power in a lot of places.  Anyway, back to the weekend. Some highlights include ::

  • Friday night dinner at Rumor's - this sounds like we went to a strip club, right?  Well, it's a restaurant down the street from us that serves a lot of seafood.  It was yummy and just the right amount of tacky :)
  • Euchre + beer on our screened-in porch - we finally strung our patio lights and the air was crisp.  I covered up in a blanket (which funnily enough, is exactly where I am right this second) and really enjoyed myself
  • Kicking that poison ivy's ass - my handy husband wasn't going to let that poison ivy win (although I guess it still could have considering it sometimes takes a week to react).  He geared up in his hazmat suit, goggles, mask, gloves and hat and went to town.  2 hours later, he came inside completely red-faced and exhausted but very proud of his accomplishments.  Here's hoping it didn't get him or that he's not allergic, and also that some round-up can finish the job.
  • Bourbon-poached peaches - the entire house smelled like the delicious syrup these bathed in (one of my favorite parts of making desserts)
  • Dinner with my mother-in-law - my husband made pan-roasted halibut, riced potatoes and french-cut green beans.  It was a superb meal which we all enjoyed thoroughly, even if we were missing my sister-in-law, who couldn't come because of the storm damage
  • Watching the original Arthur
  • All day drinking + hot tub + pool fest w/many of my favorite people - we lounged for hours outside with some fiesty dogs in tow and had a great time

Friends, I can not tell you enough how much I'm enjoying living here.  As I'm sitting on our porch, wrapped up in a blanket and listening to insects chirp, I'm feeling so incredibly thankful and lucky for this life of mine.  I hope you are all feeling the same way!  What did you get up to this weekend? Whatever you did, I hope you had a fantastic time!


39 comments:

Morgan August 15, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

Love how thankful you are! I had a a similar weekend this past weekend and was feeling very lucky!

Mal August 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

Such a cute dog!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Leslie August 15, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

Wow, I can't believe they cancelled school because of how bad the storm was! I can only imagine how hyped the kids must be. It sounds like you had a great weekend!

stephanie August 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

That sounds like a great weekend! And your screened in porch sounds like heaven. :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. August 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

so now i want your sister-in-laws house AND dog! he's so cute! sounds like you had a wonderfully relaxing weekend :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Lara {simply irresistible} August 15, 2011 at 11:19 AM  

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. That dog is adorable!

Gloria August 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

Adorable doggies and bourbon peaches = weekend perfection!

Unknown August 15, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

sounds PERFECT lovey!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. August 15, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

aww, i love this post! glad you had such a perfect weekend! :)

Kirby Margaret August 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

I'm so glad you are adjusting well to your move and new home!

on a side note, that dog is presh! Tyler and I are thinking about getting a frenchie. please tell me where they got him! I'd much rather be refereed to a breeder than take a guess and buy from a bad one.

xo Kirby

caroline August 15, 2011 at 1:25 PM  

So happy to hear you love your new home!!

A Crimson Kiss August 15, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

This sounds like the most amazing weekend, and I love how quickly you've taken to life in the country! I would trade city living for a porch like yours!

Brandi August 15, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

I am all about the bourbon-peach combo. I usually do mine as a crumble and bake it in the oven for an hour, then toss it over vanilla ice cream. Darn. Now I need to go peach picking. So glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend!

Megan August 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

That dog's face is to die for! Oh, I wish I had a pup.

Your weekend sounds killer! I mean, drinking all day and chilling in a hot tub, life can't get better.

Tamra {ever swoon} August 15, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

That frenchie is adorable!!!! Glad you had a great weekend.

Megan @ Pink O'Clock August 15, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

so glad you are so happy!

also, that pupster is adorable.

AbbieBabble August 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

I think I would like to eat some bourbon-poached peaches, ASAP. Those sound amazing!

Noodles and Waffles August 15, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

I'm so happy to hear your move has been a good one.

If you ever get poison ivy try using Technu. I'm seriously allergic (I've been hospitalized for poison ivy twice) and this stuff is the only thing that works. It's a wonder product.

Hope you have many more evenings on your porch.

vintch August 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

sounds like the best weekend ever! and that meal your husband made? seriously? divine.

Huckleberry Creative August 15, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

Sounds like a beautiful weekend! The bourbon peaches and hot tub lounging especially!

Glad to hear you're loving your new place!

classiq August 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

It sounds like such a lovely weekend and it's just wonderful that you're so content with your life. The dog is adorable! xo
Ada

Drew {Coral Cafe} August 15, 2011 at 4:24 PM  

What an incredible weekend you had! and I love relaxing on the swing outside and taking everything in, counting my blessings! ;)

Silver Strands August 15, 2011 at 4:55 PM  

So glad you're loving your life. Great pic.

Amber August 15, 2011 at 5:09 PM  

three cheers for kicking that ivy's butt. Your husband is a trooper. I am trying to convince my husband that a hot tub is a necessity for us...seriously life is better with a hot tub.

the southern hostess August 15, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

What a fun weekend! Love that dog! And bourbon-soaked peaches sound amazing!

Michelle August 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend in our state!

Jaime @ laviejaime August 15, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

pool fest sounds like a blast! glad you are enjoying your new home :)

Devin August 15, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

CUTE PUP! :)

Awe, sounds like a awesome weekend!

Stephanie @ henry happened August 15, 2011 at 8:30 PM  

I'm so glad you're enjoying Louisville :) And I so need the recipe for those bourbon peaches!!

Johanna August 15, 2011 at 9:27 PM  

You guys are master chefs! I'm impressed. Your meals sound fabulous!

alli/hooray August 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

that is the best feeling, to be content with where you are and be thankful for it. oh, and I love the little dog's expression!

jeanette from everton terrace August 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

Yep, I feel that way every day. One of my favorite mantras is "it's not having what you want but wanting what you have". I think just being grateful brings so much happiness. I've never played Euchre which is amazing considering we play cards with friends every Friday night :)

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket August 16, 2011 at 2:55 AM  

OMG I love that french bull dog. Can I keep him? He can sleep in between my two pugs.

DARIADARIA August 16, 2011 at 5:03 AM  

i am obsessed with french bulldogs! they rock!
dariadaria

Anonymous,  August 16, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

thanks for stopping by! i'm loving your etsy finds feature on here... already found some amazing things.


leyla @ heartloom.blogspot.com

sherri lynn August 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

So glad you're enjoying living there! I love that contented feeling I get when I think about where we are in life.

The Franglaise August 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

Sounds like an incredible weekend. And that moment you describe, sitting on the porch listening to insects... makes me wonder what I'm doing in the city. I'm sitting here listening to the firemen drive by non-stop! #cityvscountrylife. Bisous guapa :)

Stephanie August 16, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

You are so cute with how thankful you are! It's great and nice to hear someone say it! Glad you are enjoying where you are!

paddle to shore August 23, 2011 at 11:16 PM  

AWW!! that little bulldog. What.A.Cutie!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails