Weekend Recap


I'm in denial that today is Monday, because I do NOT want the weekend to be over.  I do not want this evening to come and I would really prefer to just skip right over Tuesday and Wednesday.  The mister a.k.a. the handybadge is leaving for another business trip - right in the midst of some serious home improvement.  You see, we spent all weekend doing that kind of stuff and it was awesome.  We had fun, we're giddy with the results and now we can't wait for next weekend so we can do some more!  Some highlights include ::

  • Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - The movie was good, but I'm not gonna lie - it was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.  I had only seen one preview so I didn't really know what to expect, which usually works in my favor.  But I expected to be scared a LOT and I was only scared a little.  Plus, I'm not so much a Katie Holmes fan...but I'd recommend seeing it at some point
  • Saturday morning homemade brunch - featuring mimosas, french toast with real maple syrup and fresh blueberries
  • Lowes - we found a new location with copious amounts of plants and garden/outdoor awesomeness, resulting in ideas out the wazoo!
  • Laying stone and rocks as an entrance to our backyard - before, the backyard was bordered by a bunch of holly bushes which left no easy entrance. We would have to drag the mower kind of far just to get to the grass so we ended up removing two holly bushes (I mean seriously, there are at least 15) and clearing out a nice section to lay stone.  We bought stone for 71 cents a piece along with marble rock for filler and got to work.  It looks lovely and has the potential for being bigger and better after we build a fence.
  • The Adjustment Bureau - after all that hard work we settled in for another movie.  This wasn't my favorite by any means but it was pretty perfect for the mood I was in.  Have you seen it?
  • Coffee table - we ventured to hang out with family and use their power tools so the handybadge could get to work on our coffee table.  I'm proud to say it's put together and looks beautiful! It's only missing the cosmetic touches but it's pretty much everything I have wanted for SO LONG! And, it was super cheap.  Yay!

See? A great, productive weekend.  We've hit our stride with the projects that need done and it feels good.  If only he didn't have to leave town...

How were your weekends?  I'm so happy Irene wasn't as severe as predicted but so many still felt her wrath.  I hope wherever you are/were you stayed safe and she didn't unleash on you.  

22 comments:

Kyla August 29, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

Productive weekends are the best! Sounds like you have some serious projects underway. Next weekend will come fast!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts August 29, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

those are some great tools- Yum mimosas sound good.

Sara August 29, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

Here's to hoping your week flies by and the handybadge can get back home and get to work! :)

I'm kind of disappointed to hear Don't Be Afraid of the Dark isn't very scary. The couple of previews I've seen look terrifying! But being a Katie Holmes non-fan myself, I wasn't sure I wanted to see it anyway. Decisions, decisions.

jeanette from everton terrace August 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

I actually like Katie Holmes but don't like scary so I'll pass on that one. We did finally get out to see The Help - absolutely loved it!

Angela Alvarez August 29, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

looks greatt!! :) love it!
btw..i am following you now on bloglovin as well! :)
xx
fashionbit

classiq August 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM  

Hi, Meagan. Sounds like a fine weekend, with home projcts and realaxation too. Actually I've seen The Adjustment Bureau, at some point I thought I didn't want to watch anymore, but in the end I liked the message it sent out.
Ada

Stephanie @ henry happened August 29, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

You are welcome to pop over for dinner if you need company :) That striped toilet plunger is just too funny.

birdie to be August 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

I love that board you put together! The stripes are soooo cute!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket August 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

it sounds like a busy weekend! the hubs and I tried to go to a movie but we ended up polishing off a bottle of wine during dinner and thought we might fall asleep during the movie lol.

A Crimson Kiss August 29, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

What a wonderful weekend-I'm so impressed by your productivity! Hope hubby is home soon!

Ashley August 29, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

Sounds like a fun and productive weekend! I am jealous of your Saturday brunch with mimosas. Yum, I bet that was amazing!

Amber August 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM  

that is certainly a productive weekend. I hope my upcoming weekend resembles this.

iheartkiwi August 29, 2011 at 2:23 PM  

I can't wait to see how your projects turned out!

And no weekend is complete without brunch! Mimosas make everything better :)

Stephanie August 29, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

What a great weekend! Love homemade brunch...mimosas...I could use one right now!!

Johanna August 29, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

When do we get to see pictures? I can't wait to see these projects and I totes agree with you on Adjustment Bureau. The ending...not so much.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY August 29, 2011 at 9:53 PM  

I so love Alice Supply Co.'s stuff...some of them have since sold out. Hope they return them to the line again so I can finally buy some! Sounds like you're getting a lot done - that's the best feeling!

Katie August 29, 2011 at 11:30 PM  

Your weekend sounds like it was fun! Those tools are so cute and cheery. I'd imagine work would seem less like work with them!

Stephanie August 30, 2011 at 12:15 AM  

Lovely weekend!! Can't go wrong with homemade mimosas and real maple syrup :)

Elle Sees August 30, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

I love productive weekends! And I liked the adjustment Bureau...wasn't my favorite either but was good

The Olive Tree Blog August 30, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

I wanna see photos of your patio! Lowes...we like to give all our money them and Target :) Scary movies not my thing BUT my husband loves them...so I always end up watching them!

Tang August 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

I was really surprised by that movie because I thought it was going to be an action/thriller! And I liked it, but thought it ended way too abruptly!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails