I'm in denial that today is Monday, because I do NOT want the weekend to be over. I do not want this evening to come and I would really prefer to just skip right over Tuesday and Wednesday. The mister a.k.a. the handybadge is leaving for another business trip - right in the midst of some serious home improvement. You see, we spent all weekend doing that kind of stuff and it was awesome. We had fun, we're giddy with the results and now we can't wait for next weekend so we can do some more! Some highlights include ::
- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - The movie was good, but I'm not gonna lie - it was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. I had only seen one preview so I didn't really know what to expect, which usually works in my favor. But I expected to be scared a LOT and I was only scared a little. Plus, I'm not so much a Katie Holmes fan...but I'd recommend seeing it at some point
- Saturday morning homemade brunch - featuring mimosas, french toast with real maple syrup and fresh blueberries
- Lowes - we found a new location with copious amounts of plants and garden/outdoor awesomeness, resulting in ideas out the wazoo!
- Laying stone and rocks as an entrance to our backyard - before, the backyard was bordered by a bunch of holly bushes which left no easy entrance. We would have to drag the mower kind of far just to get to the grass so we ended up removing two holly bushes (I mean seriously, there are at least 15) and clearing out a nice section to lay stone. We bought stone for 71 cents a piece along with marble rock for filler and got to work. It looks lovely and has the potential for being bigger and better after we build a fence.
- The Adjustment Bureau - after all that hard work we settled in for another movie. This wasn't my favorite by any means but it was pretty perfect for the mood I was in. Have you seen it?
- Coffee table - we ventured to hang out with family and use their power tools so the handybadge could get to work on our coffee table. I'm proud to say it's put together and looks beautiful! It's only missing the cosmetic touches but it's pretty much everything I have wanted for SO LONG! And, it was super cheap. Yay!
See? A great, productive weekend. We've hit our stride with the projects that need done and it feels good. If only he didn't have to leave town...
How were your weekends? I'm so happy Irene wasn't as severe as predicted but so many still felt her wrath. I hope wherever you are/were you stayed safe and she didn't unleash on you.