I'm back!


Well friends, we've made it back to Chicago in one piece.  We're both exhausted and ready for some down time in our apartment where it still smells like the Christmas tree and our basil plant and goldfish are still kickin' it.  We took Gus with us and he did great even though we put him in a house with a pug who was ever so curious. He had some Christmas day visitors too - a feisty french bulldog and a dapper wiener dog.  Boy was that a show.

Christmas was good to us.  We brought back a truckload full of goodies, had great food and got a lot of family time in.  We also got to party with Raegan and Alex, hooray!  The picture above is an airbrush painting that Alex made for us.  Isn't it great?  I have been laughing non stop since he gave it to us - and no it did not come from the mall (but it sure does do a good job of mocking it, right?).  We're totally gonna hang that baby up in the living room for all to see.

I'm trying to get back in the blogging groove, so forgive me if I'm a little slow to start.  I'm glad to be back though, thanks for all the wonderful comments you've left as of late!

10 comments:

Anna Walker December 30, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Yay! I am so glad you're back and that you made it to Chicago safe and sound! :)
Basil Plant!? I am SO Jealous!
Getting back in the blogging groove is difficult isn't it?

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Anonymous,  December 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

How exciting! I hope Badger likes his brew kit - Takes a lot of patience and precise measurements - but Alex has been addicted since his first brew. If he ever wants to chat with someone who has been doing it awhile - let me know and I'll connect the two!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts December 30, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

Glad you had a good xmas- Happy NY!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} December 30, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Yippee! Glad you are back and super happy that you had a wonderful Christmas!

Happy New Year!!

Michelle December 30, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Wishing you a great new year!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY December 31, 2010 at 2:55 AM  

I stayed home and I'm still praying for my basil plant to hang on...at least until Sunday when I make lasagna for a lunch I'm having. Sounds like a fun Chicago Christmas...Happy New Year! xo

Anonymous,  December 31, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Welcome back, and happy happy happy new year!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails