Weekend recap


On Friday night, I met up with friends at Millenium Park to hear some Christmas caroling by the Wicker Park Choral Singers.  They were gathered in front of the Bean, which looked amazing with chunks of snow on it.   This, by the way, is the best view of the city.  There's a reason they created that park where they did!


 Shortly after my arrival at Millenium Park, my feet completely froze and I couldn't feel most of my body.  So we walked over to Macy's and wandered aimlessly just trying to warm up.
After we warmed up, I went to dinner with my other half and then we moseyed on over to the Chicago Theater to see the one and only Jerry Seinfeld.  It was kind of a short show but it was one of the best Friday nights I've had in eons.  For the entire hour and 45 minutes he was on stage, I had a steady stream of tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard.  Seriously, all he has to do is just say a few words in his unique Jerry voice and I'm laughing.  I highly recommend shelling out the money if he's coming to a town near you.  


On Friday afternoon, we had to take our little fella into the vet to get his shots up to date and his claws trimmed, plus since we're taking him with us to Louisville over Christmas, we needed some sedatives to ease his trauma of being in the car!  But in typical Gus fashion, he was a terror and wouldn't let anyone come near him without hissing and swatting at you with claws out, ready to rumble.  So the vet had to sedate him which meant we had to leave him overnight.  I can't recall a night spent at home without the snuggle monster so it was just as traumatic for me as it was for him.  We picked him up on Saturday morning and gave him lots of love, created his own bed in a box (see above) and after a few days of acting like a total stoner, I think he's back to his old self.




I whipped up the butterscotch eternity scarf over the last few days.  I wanted to make something for myself and I wanted it to be warm.  So I used Lion brand's thick and quick which is the most aptly named yarn out there.  Over the last few weeks, I had been working on the teal basket-weave scarf above as a Christmas gift for Anna-Maria.  I don't have a picture of the finished product but it turned out pretty good for my second project!  


Lastly, B made me this cute grilled cheese and I couldn't resist sharing even though he rolled his eyes when I got the camera out.

It was a really great weekend.  We had dinner with friends on Saturday night and played Euchre with them, did a lot of baking yesterday but still have so much left to do for our holiday party tomorrow and finished the weekend off by hanging out with a group of friends, some who were in town from NYC.  

I can't believe next weekend is Christmas.  Luckily, I've been done with my shopping for awhile so I am only left with wrapping presents.  How were your weekends?


16 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts December 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

looks like a fun weekend and I love the grill cheese!

Nicole December 20, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

how cool!
sounds so much fun!!
love the second picture & the grilled cheese! =]

<3 :)
nicoleechelberger.blogspot.com

Danielle December 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Sounds like you had a very lovely, festive weekend! Your kitty is ADORABLE. My Princeton does the same thing with empty boxes..too cute :)

stephanie December 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Your weekend sounds like it was amazing! Great work on your basket weave scarf!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} December 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

What a fun weekend! Jerry Seinfeild?! Wowza! That sound like a fabulous time!

AbbieBabble December 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

Your weekend sounds fantastic. Then again, any weekend with a grilled cheese that adorable would be!

Seriously, that is the cutest sandwich in the history of sandwiches, I do believe.

stephiejane December 20, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

that sounds like a lot of fun!! and that's awesome you saw jerry seinfeld!! LOVE HIM!! gus is so cute, and he sounds like a riot...so fun :) oh and good job on those scarves, they look great!

Diana Mieczan December 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Sounds like you had a great weekend,sweetie...Ohh I love grilled cheese:) Kisses

Virginie's Cinema December 20, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

I'm happy you had such a lovely week-end, charolling is just so whimsical!

I'm way impressed by your knitting skills, made a hat over the week-end and am pretty sure my busband is the only one finding it awesome, ha ha!

Noodles and Waffles December 20, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

Your knitting skills are very impressive.

Amber December 20, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Jerry is crazy funny, I will have to check out his site and see if he will stop by me. Oh and thats the sweetest grilled cheese i have ever seen.

Emily December 20, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

What a positively lovely weekend!! I love this time of year! Wishing you a joyous holiday!

A Crimson Kiss December 20, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

What a wonderful weekend! That grilled cheese really is too cute, and the views from the park are stunning!

We had a crazy Sunday with rehearsals, auditions, concerts and cocktails-I was almost relieved when the work day rolled around!

Natalie December 20, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

I wish I could knit, your scarves are too cute!

Anonymous,  December 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

Gus Is probably Sabino's american brother. He always has to be sedated at the vet, but loves the car. I know, it's terrible when you leave them there at the vet...i feel lost.

It looks like you had a great weekend, I'm happy for you.

Traveling Distances December 20, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

What a great weekend! The decor at Macy's amazing and the grilled cheese is too cute/sweet to eat- I'm sure it was delicious!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails