So long, 2010 Part I

What a whirlwind of a year it's been, seriously.  2010 totally kicked 2009's ass.  Wanna know why?

Here, I'll show you ::

1.  January was a pretty decent start to the new year.  We flew out to California for an open house at our wedding venue and made the most of our time out there.  Somehow, we managed to spend a night in San Francisco (and get completely wasted/pass out fully clothed with contacts still in eyeballs), journey up to Napa Valley/Sonoma to meet with our wedding coordinator, caterers and florist and then head due east to Tahoe for a few super snowy days nestled in the mountains.



We took our engagement photos on a frozen Lake Michigan in January; they all turned out great thanks to Raegan!

2.  February is always a good month for us because that's when we started dating so many years ago.  Last year for V-day/Anniversary, boy treated me to a swanky stay at The Wit downtown which had a great view of State Street and the iconic Chicago Theater.  




3.  March.  What a month March was.  Between March Madness and SXSW, I had a lot to occupy my every waking moment.  I flew down to Texas to meet up with my favorite dudes who were playing the festival.  We partied like crazy in Austin and had a really great time and ate a lot of really great pizza.  Definitely the highlight of the month.


4.  April really flew by.  I went to Kansas City for my bff's bridal shower.  We decorated everything in a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme because her new last name is Tiffany.  Unfortunately, I had too much wine the night before and was experiencing one of the worst hangovers EVER that day but I still enjoyed myself.


5.  May is definitely one of my favorite months of the year.  It's my birthday month and everything is green and pretty.  What's not to love?  This birthday, the big 27, was one of my recent favorites.  All it entailed was a picnic on the boulevard but there was grilled pizza and it was pretty hot that day which made me happy.





6.  June was a crazy month - my bff got MARRIED and we had an awesome time celebrating it!


{there was karaoke so I sang my heart out to her}


6 comments:

Emily December 31, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

Happy New Year! Thanks for your sweet note! I LOVE that last picture of you singing to your bff!! So cool!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} December 31, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

What awesome pictures! Looks like an amazing year! Happy 2011!

Amber December 31, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

looks like 2010 was a good year for you :) i hope 2011 is even better!

Natalie December 31, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Happy New Year! Hope 2011 is just as exciting as 2010 (love your pictures!)

Betsey December 31, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

such a lovely post and a lovely year! love your blog!

vintch December 31, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

LOVE THIS POST:) you can practically feel the heat and love coming up off the pavement in that picture of your birthday in may! your 2010 sounds unbelievably awesome. here's wishing you a 2011 as fabulous as you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails