Ooof

I'm feeling a little on the slow side today, friends.  I've been stuck in a food coma ever since our 3-hour long dinner at the Hopleaf last night.  I think we both have.  It kind of put a damper on our cake-eating plans considering the fact that we got home at 10:45, completely stuffed to the brim with stilton mac-n-cheese, frittes with garlic aioli, cashew butter + fig jam and cheese sandwich, steak frittes (him) not to mention those Belgian beers we had.  Oi.  Seriously, we were both deeply induced in this coma so bad to the point that we opted to crawl in bed to snuggle it away, only to find ourselves passed out immediately.

Other than that, I think it was a good birthday for him.  Thanks for all your birthday wishes!

Chocolate cake with vanilla cream filling (which is what is floating, so you can dip your cake into the filling that didn't seem to thicken at all seeing how it spilled everywhere) and coconut cream cheese frosting.  Hopefully it's good, we'll find out tonight!

5 comments:

Amber December 14, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

well your cake looks pretty, hope its tasty!

Brooke T December 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

I'll eat it for you!! That looks delicious. I'm glad you had fun!

A Crimson Kiss December 15, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

That sounds like the world's best dinner-I'm drooling! Hope the cake was a delicious as it looks!

Unknown December 15, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Food Comas are always welcome for me. I love them. And that chocolate cake had me at hello.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails