So long, 2010 Part II

6.  The rest of June was kind of awesome too.  My folks came up to help assemble and mail out our wedding invitations!  We also pieced together the ceremony with my stepdad who officiated our wedding.    We took a day trip down to Starved Rock to hike and explore all the canyons.  It was beautiful and so much fun to get out of the city and into nature.




Last but not least, I also had my bridal shower/bachelorette party the last weekend of June.  It was so much fun and pretty amazing to have all my best girls together in one city!  Yummy food + drag queens = best night on the town ever!


7.  July was fun, we celebrated the 4th by going to Tennessee and partying it up, Badger style at the lake.  I also quit my job!  Aahh..so liberating.


8.  August, sweet, sweet August.  You were so good to me.  I had the best first two weeks of August a girl could ever dream of.  We explored San Francisco and Point Reyes with friends.  We ventured up to Napa for an amazing welcome dinner, the wedding of my dreams and a brunch in the forest.  I stayed out there longer and made my way down to L.A. via Highway One and checked out the Pacific Coast with my brother's family.  I went to Disneyland with the 3 best kiddos.  Seriously, the month of August ruled so hard.




9.  September was pretty awesome as well.  We honeymooned in Italy, traveling all over from the Cinque Terre to Venice to Florence to Rome.  Pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.




10.  October is my favorite month of the year (in close competition with May) and I milked it for all it's worth.  We went to a pumpkin patch and came home with pumpkins, apples and happy memories.  We used up every last apple from a peck and a half and my love affair with baking deepened that month.  Halloween was really fun too.  I was David the Gnome and the mister was Luigi.



11.  November got me into the holiday spirit.  I turned domestic and picked up knitting.  I'm so glad I did!  We also drove down to Wichita and spent Thanksgiving with my family.  Aside from getting sick, it was a wonderful visit.



12. December, how I loved thee.  I was so into the Christmas spirit this year and enjoyed every second of it.  But now that it's over, I'm over it too.  Funny how that works.  We had a great Christmas in Louisville and will hopefully have a wonderful NYE in Chicago.



I just want to thank each and every one of you for making 2010 a fantastic year for Mo Pie, Please.  I look forward to sharing my world with you each and every day and absolutely love reading all of your comments.  You make the world a special place.  Happy New Year to everyone!

Bring it on, 2011!

10 comments:

katie walker January 2, 2011 at 1:04 AM  

looks like a great year! happy new years!

Anonymous,  January 2, 2011 at 5:57 AM  

wow, you had a great year. Mine, aside from finding the perfect place to open the shop and rent it right away, finding Martino and meeting beautiful friends through my blog, has been quite a bore.
Oh, maybe I want too much! reading that I can see it's way more a lot of people get!!

and flowers pick themselves January 2, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

such a fun, sweet post! your august sound awesome :)

xo Alison

thingsIlove January 2, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

I love the wedding invitation, so pretty. The other pictures are great too. May 2011 be as great as 2010 for you!

The Franglaise January 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

What great retrospect of 2010 in pictures! Here's wishing you a very happy new year!! Bisous from Paris x

Jaime @ laviejaime January 2, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

What a lovely year you had...gorgeous pics! Happy 2011!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} January 2, 2011 at 6:35 PM  

What a great year! Sounds like your wedding & honeymoon were absolutely perfect! Love your Italy pictures...I spent 2 weeks there in 2000, can't believe it's been 11 years since I was there. I can't wait to go back.

Small Burst January 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM  

you, my friend, had a wonderful year. Here's to another year full of adventure!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails