Yarn pom-pom garland

After seeing a few awesome how-to's for the garland, I finally got around to making us one.  But since I've already made the pinecone garland, this one ended up wrapped around the bottom of the tree.  We ran out of tinsel when decorating and I was personally afraid that Gus would attack the tree every chance he got, but the little meow-er couldn't be bothered.  

I learned how to crochet a chain (super easy) and tied the yarn poofs onto the chain ::



Because we knew it would look kind of silly being mismatched like that, I tried to drape it over our tripod lamp but it looked kind of dorky ::


So it remains on the tree for now...

Also, the cookies turned out great.  I had zero patience for dough-chilling yesterday so I opted to use this recipe instead.  


Don't they look delicious? We've each eaten about 4 each and counting.


9 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket December 8, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

Love the garland- makes me think of Dr. Seuss. :) the cookies look yummy

PS My word verification is eviloger- which is funny :)

this free bird December 8, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

gah! i love it! pom-poms in any shape/form/fashion=excellent

Unknown December 9, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

I wish I would make more and have the whole tree be covered in the garland. Thanks for the compliments!

Anonymous,  December 9, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

I have to learn how to make cookies lilke those you made.
I love garlands, I could have my house all wrapped up in garlands all year round!

the southern hostess December 9, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

The tree looks great, as do those cookies! Yum!

Amber December 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

what a clever idea, your tree looks very cute and festive

stephiejane December 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

the garland is adorable!!! i love it! cookies look delish as well, yummy :)

Kirby Margaret December 9, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

oh I love it! did you post pictures of your pine cone garland? I made some too. I love christmas!

xo Kirby

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails