Oh Mia oh my!



Last night we finally got around to watching the Netflix movie that we've had at home for nearly two months.  Shame, isn't it?  Why we waited is beyond me because Rosemary's Baby is an excellent film.  We were going to just put it on for the sake of playing it, he was going to do work and I was going to knit away.  But it was too good for distractions and we both watched it intently.  


One thing I kept personally noticing throughout the movie was Rosemary's (Mia Farrow) appearance.  In the beginning of the film, she donned adorable dresses and sandals and had cute blonde hair.  When things started to heat up, she chopped her hair and as her skin grew paler her wardrobe grew darker.  This is one movie where fashion played an important role (at least in my opinion).  

As I was watching last night, in the back of my mind I kept thinking, "I wonder if Design Sponge did a living in post on this movie?"  They sure did, much to my delight ::



I'm so glad they included that charm necklace above!

Everything about this movie is done so well.  From their fantastic apartment in New York City which you see transform, to her lovely outfits, hair, cute voice, etc., my eyes were glued to the tube!

Do you love this movie too?  

* We've had this movie since before Halloween, when I was on my scary movie kick.  I'm now on a Christmas-feel-good-happy movie kick so this one kind of came out of left field, but that didn't matter.



11 comments:

Noodles and Waffles December 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

I remember the first time I saw Rosemary's Baby...same thing...eyes glued to the tv.

I saw RB when I was in on a Mia Farrow kick. My mom and I were watching Peyton Place. According to my mom, her hair cut for this movie was quite the scandal on the show. So was her marriage to Frank Sinatra.

If you're really bored Peyton Place is a fabulous series. So scandalous. My mom wasn't allowed to watch it when she was a kick.

jeanette from everton terrace December 9, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

I saw it so very long ago that I must have missed these fun details. I did like the movie though, time for a re-watch I guess. I like scary movies less and less now, they seem to freak me out even more as I get older.

Unknown December 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog today. We are definitely in the same boat. I admire your knitting! It's on my "must learn" list of 2011. :)

Also, I haven't seen this movie. Adding it to m netflix now!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} December 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

One of my favorite scary movies! I love Mia and her style in this movie is perfection!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket December 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

I just love her pixie cut and wish I was brave enough to do it. :)

I am completely addicted to Netflix.

Amber December 9, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

this is one of my favorite films ever

Carissa Thilgen December 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

I haven't seen it... but now I want to! :)

Kirby Margaret December 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

oh my! I'll have to netflix this one aswell. I won't let it sit for 2 months though ;)

(this is) Jackson Riley December 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

oh, man, i needed a movie recommendation! we've been on a terrible movie streak. i'm logging into netflix and updating my queue right away. stay tuned - i'll let you know how it rates around here!

hip hip gin gin December 10, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

I love Mia's style in Rosemary's Baby, but the movie itself scared the daylights out of me! Super freaky.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails