Fresher than Fresh

Good morning.  It's dark, rainy and super chilly here in Chicago.  So what better way to distract myself than dreaming of warm summer afternoons slurping up 100% natural snow cones?!  Megan over at Mimi & Meg posted about Fresher than Fresh, a Kansas City based snow-cone business that operates out of an adorable vintage trailer.




With flavors like blackberry lavendar



Espresso and Mexican cane sugar



And green tea pear...


This operation is nothing short of irresistable.  Owner Lindsay Laricks started the business last summer and the love grew instantly.  Last Friday kicked off the start of the 2010 season for FTF and if their summer is anything like it was last year, they're going to be some pretty busy bees.  Times are tough and small businesses feel this hurt more than ever.  With a high demand, the tiny but adorable vintage trailer they operate out of has some issues and let's face it; an ever-growing business has a high demand.  High demands result in the need for more space/work area.  And since times are tough the finances for the bigger spaces tend to lack.  So that's where people like you and I come in.  After seeing Megan's post, I immediately wanted to do my part.  I mean, this is one sweet (literally) business and they deserve to flourish.  So, dear readers. Let's do what we can to help support FTF by donating $1, $5, whatever you have to help reach their goal. 






If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you can also find the link to their donation page.  Read up about their project and why you should be a backer.  And if you live in KC, I'm envious of your proximity to these delicious-sounding snow cones! 

5 comments:

Stephanie May 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Oh my. The posters alone make me want to go there. Love it!

RILEY May 12, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

my mom is moving to just outside KC for a couple months... and I'm totally letting her know about these snow cones!

Unknown May 12, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

You should have her go and give us a full report! I really wish I could have some. I'll be in KC the beginning of June so hopefully I can get my friend to take me!

stephiejane May 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

omg!! i'm in love with this whole business model. what a cute, awesome, adorably fantastic idea. love love

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails