Rachel Getting Married

Anne Hathaway is wonderful in this movie.  Have any of you seen it?  It is SO INTENSE.



Anne plays Kym, an addict who's been clean for 9 months and is released from rehab to visit home and attend her sister Rachel's wedding.  Everything from their past gets spit out over most of the movie as relationships tense up and the drama unfolds.  




Maybe it's just my wedding fever, but I found the first half of the movie (all taking place at the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner) to be very endearing and entertaining even with all the drama.




As the movie progresses you start to learn pain and suffering not only experienced by Kym but by the rest of her family as well.  

To take a quote from Newsweek: "Kym is a major pain in the ass, and Hathaway's raw, spiky performance makes no attempt to ingratiate.  Yet she makes Kym's inner torment so palpable you can't help but feel for her, however insufferable she may be.  It's a terrific performance."

It really is.  And can every single one of my friends show off their wonderful talents at our wedding?  Please? That would be great, thanks!

* Photos via here, here and here

2 comments:

hip hip gin gin May 18, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

I looooved this movie, but yes it was super intense and at times really hard to watch. Anne did an amazing job, I think this is one of her top performances. The wedding itself was my favorite part of the movie. It was just so beautiful and heartfelt and inclusive, one of the coolest weddings I've ever seen! And it sure looked like everyone had a rockin' good time too!

Anonymous,  May 18, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

I watched this movie while decorating the Xmas tree this year, so I have to say i wasn't watching the screen every minute... but it was a good movie, and the wedding was so original. I love hathaway no matter what, though!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails