Going West

My friends are so awesome.  For so many reasons.  But one of those reasons (and the reason that this post is all about) is because a few days prior to this wedding-of-the-century (he he) of mine, we're going camping at a really awesome location in a really rad place.  And it's all thanks to my friends who took it on and planned one hell of an adventure for us all.  Thanks guys!

About 10 of us are going camping at Point Reyes National Seashore off the Pacific coast for an unforgettable experience  with nature.  I can hardly believe it!  It's going to serve as our last hoorah as Badge and Mo, the unmarried couple, and it's going to be fun.  I mean, just look at it:






There will be lighthouses! And whales! And...sharks (apparently the most infested shark waters around).  Our campsite is a 2-3 hour hike, which means beauty will abound like mad!  I seriously can't wait.

I can envision it now.  We'll cruise on up there in our rental convertible (we're spoiling ourselves, it's our wedding for crying out loud).  Listen to great music with the top down and shades on.  Meet up with our friends and pack up our rented REI camping equipment and set out for the hike.  There will be friends.  There will be booze.  There will be food.  There will be (no) blood. 

And today's Refinery 29 email left me more than excited for the Western part of this all. 



Have you ever been camping out west?  And what is your favorite camping experience*?  Are you even a camper? 

*B and I went last summer before 4th of July at Bong Recreational Park, snicker snicker.  It was the worst experience ever, thanks to the close proximity of the most obnoxious a-hole teenagers in existence.  They were seriously teh worst people.  Just the worst.

5 comments:

hip hip gin gin May 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

This sounds like a fantastic trip! How exciting! You have very sweet and adventurous friends. I'm a little concerned about this shark infested water situation, is swimming in the plans? You know what, don't tell me, it's freaking me out just thinking about it.
I'm loving the convertible though, you should definitely spoil yourselves!!

Stephanie May 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

I love camping and backpacking with my husband and friends. Your destination looks amazing! Have a blast!

The Neo-Traditionalist May 26, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

This is just north of San Francisco right? How much fun you're going to have!!! I wish John and I could have one last single hurrah together like this!
XX

Unknown May 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Yep, it's between San Francisco and Calistoga, our wedding destination! I can't wait :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails