Learning is fun


Yes, Sesame Street told you so. InformationIsBeautiful.net just proves my point.

I spent yesterday evening oooh-ing and ahh-ing at David McCandless's incredible website. He presents information in mindblowingly creative and beautiful ways. (That pic at the top is all about the UK political structure!)

Check out this piece called Colours in Cultures, which describes what different colours signify across the world.


Check out some info on alternative energy, and see where everyone is with respect to Kyoto...



And then there's this - go listen to the The Solar System Music Box.

Just make sure you have some time set aside to interact with all these incredible pieces (they're so unusual, I'm not sure what to call them). It's like a grown-up playground!

I think David has it all figured out when he says; "Love pie. Hate pie charts".

3 comments:

Carissa Thilgen May 3, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

those are beautiful... infographics, is what I'd call 'em! definitely makes learning much more fun! :)

E May 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

I will be using the colors in cultures chart in my classroom from now on...love it. I'm such a nerd :)

hip hip gin gin May 4, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

This makes my nerdy heart so happy!!! I'll have to bookmark it for later, I have a feeling I will spend hours reveling in the info goodness!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails