United States of Tara




Since I was sick last week, I had a lot of spare time to dive into a new TV series and watch movies, etc.  And since my guilty conscience is telling me to justify spending the monthly money on Sho and HBO, I decided to give this show a try.  And I am so glad I did.

John Corbett is amazing.  But instead of referring to him as John Corbett or Max, his characters name in this show, I shall refer to him as Aidan, just for the hell of it.  Anyway, he's married to Tara who has several different alters, which sleep with various people, beat him up physically and emotionally and pretty much do everything possible to drive away any man.  But he stays.  For 18 years, he has been by her side.  Talk about admirable (I know it's just a show but you know that he's the kind of guy who would do that in real life too, I just know it).  The show is great, it takes place in Overland Park, KS, a suburb of Kansas City which is near and dear to my heart and the preview for the next episode supposedly takes place in Lawrence (even though it's probably just a set in Hollywood) which is very near and dear to my heart.  So I like it, for many reasons.  Have any of you watched it?  I need to see the first season I think.  And there's only 2 episodes left of this season.  Just when they reel me in! 

P.S. - he's dating Bo Derek?  He's a country music singer?  How interesting.

5 comments:

Anna-Maria May 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

OK, that's it, you've made me want to watch it. Now that I'm losing my husband to a month at the VA, I'm looking forward to some "me-time" w/Hulu.

hip hip gin gin May 25, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

John Corbett will always be Aidan, that's just the way it is. I've been meaning to get into this show, haven't seen any episodes yet, but the previews always look really interesting. Will have to look for it on Netflix.

Anonymous,  May 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

God I love her. Such a good actress.

And the popsicle recipes are found at the link at the bottom!

Unknown May 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Oh, hahah. Well obviously I can't read or see the difference between a regular word and a hyperlinked word. But yes, she is a fantastic actress. Did you see last nights episode? I loved the ending!

Cara Kuhl May 25, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

oooo, thanks for tipping me off to this show! I love Aiden, er, John Corbett :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails