Tell EPA: Take away BP's billions in federal contracts

Just thought I'd pass this along:
It's time to stop playing BP's games and make the company take responsibility for the pattern of reckless behavior that led to the growing Deepwater Horizon disaster in the gulf.

The Environmental Protection Agency has the authority to bar BP from receiving U.S. government contracts. Suspension of BP contracts would mean the loss of billions of dollars and effectively stop the company from drilling in federally controlled oil fields both on and offshore.

I just signed the petition to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson asking her to impose "discretionary debarment" and strip BP of all federal contracts. You can take action too by clicking on the link below.

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/epa_bp_contracts/?r_by=&rc=paste2

When I lived in Lawrence, my bff and I worked at a gas station which happened to be a BP gas station.  Sucks. 

3 comments:

stephiejane May 26, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

this just breaks my heart - thanks for posting. i'm going to repost on my blog!!

RILEY May 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

thanks for sharing - so important to have accountability for the corporations whose short-cuts ended up in this huge mess...

on a lighter note, did you see the fake BP twitter account? It's called @BPGlobalPR and my favorite tweet:
please do NOT take or clean any oil you find on the beach. that is the property of British Petroleum and we WILL sure you.
i love sassy, smart people.

Unknown May 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

Hahaha, that is really funny! Seriously, this oil spill is breaking my heart. It's such a tragedy and I'm not even sure what is fair enough for BP to have to do in return. I can't read the news about it, it makes me sick ot my stomach.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails