Inspiration

This video swept me away from the mundane gray fuzzy walls of my cubicle in this drab office to a far away land in Argentina where creativity abounds and life feels refreshing...



Emily Haines (of Metric, Broken Social Scene, Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton) not only has a great voice but she's incredibly intelligent, not to mention pretty.  After watching an acoustic performance of Twilight Galaxy by Metric on Katie's blog The Neo-Traditionalist, I stumbled across the video above and something about it just really struck me.  You should watch it.  It's beautiful, she's beautiful, the music's beautiful...

Right now, I'm in a weird place.  So I'm dreaming of getting away from it all and escaping to Buenos Aires to be completely surrounded by strangers, in a beautiful foreign land.  I've always believed that traveling helps inspire.  What I'm surrounded by plays such a heavy role in my life and the shape it takes.  A change of scenery like this would do a Mo some good. 

What do you think? 

2 comments:

hip hip gin gin May 10, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

Lovely video! I'm a big believer in travel, and that a change of scenery is quite often just what the doctor ordered. Even a little day trip somewhere can be helpful. I often daydream about leaving a note that says "back in a week" and going on a little spur of the moment trip.

The Neo-Traditionalist May 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

So amazing. I love her. And I am dying to visit Buenos Aires.

XX katie

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails