Gift guide :: For Him



It's not easy for me to shop for the men in my life.  My brother and stepdad were always super hard for me and I am never quite sure what their true feelings about the gifts were based on their reactions.  It's even harder for me to shop for the husband, who never really wants anything so he usually gets some whiskey/bourbon.  Or clothes.  Clothes that I like.  So this guide wasn't very easy to me and if you're a guy and think I'm crazy, then go ahead and laugh.  But if you laugh then you must help me think of something better.  

1. Gran Turismo 5 - my husband is literally counting down the days until this is released.
2. Urban Outfitters Spiewak Truman Jacket - every man would look handsome in this.
3. A+R Store Slow Cooker - for the city dweller who doesn't have a yard
4. Pendelton's Chief Joseph Muchacho Blanket - it's a cool print, cool name and very manly.
5. Leatherman Wave - so he'll be able to fix almost anything
6. Gap single-flap pocket red plaid flannel shirt - you can't go wrong with a man in a plaid shirt 
7. Records - because a man's record collection is a big deal
8. Deer Antler Bourbon rack - it looks cool, right?  Or you could just get him some bourbon.

7 comments:

Ashleigh November 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

I feel your pain! With a hubby, brother, Dad & stepdad I go crazy shopping for them. It makes it worse that they never provide ideas! Loving that antler rack - how cool! No laughing here, I think it's a great list!

Anonymous,  November 18, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

I have no man to buy gifts for. I'm a spinster.
In my past life I had a boyfriend who had everything you could imagine, so it was so hard buying things for him. I usually bought theatre tickets or took him on a week end somewhere. His gift and my gift in one shot - spinster but smart.

the southern hostess November 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

I'd say these are some pretty great finds! Nice job!

the runaway romantique November 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

very helpful! thanks for this post... I always have trouble getting gifts for my male friends :) great blog you ladies have here!

- the runaway

Natalie November 18, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

I love how you admitted that right off the bat! My dad's and husband's gifts are the hardest for me to pick out too...that's why i always just ask them what they want..and they don't seem to care that it's not a surprise..boring and safe...I know... :)

The Franglaise November 19, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

I always find it very hard to shop for men too but these are great finds. Well done and thanks for sharing! xx

A Crimson Kiss November 19, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

I think it's a great man list-but shopping for dudes can be very tricky! John is easier because he has a running list of things he likes, but I'm always at a loss for little brothers, parents and friends!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails