Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown





Yesterday on NPR, I heard an interview with some of the brains behind the Broadway adaptation of Pedro Almodovar's Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.  Oh how I long to see it!  I was laughing uncontrollably at some of the songs and scenes they previewed.  The lyrics are superb in the songs I heard and they really painted a lovely picture of the musical itself.

You can read about the musical and also buy tickets here if you're in the New York area.  It opened last night at The Belasco Theatre in New York City.  I hope it comes to Chicago!

3 comments:

this free bird November 5, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

After the day I had yesterday I thought you were going to say NPR had Whisper 2000 in my office and was monitoring my day.

Here's to the weekend!!
Carrie

A Crimson Kiss November 5, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

I'm dying to see it, too! Sounds so fabulous!

Melanie's Randomness November 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

This seems like a perfect girls night musical!! I wish I lived just a lil bit closer to Manhatten & the tickets weren't mad expensive. I'd want to see this!! BUT i'm going to rent the movie because this seems like something I'd love!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails