Weekend recap


This weekend it rained and rained and rained and I liked it.  A lot.  It made staying inside all weekend long totally worth it.  The sun didn't come out much except during the Bears game and I mean really, who would want to go outside when the Bears are winning?  

The weekend was everything my good sir needed.  Like I said above, we didn't leave the house except for stepping across the street to stick a Netflix movie in the mailbox and going to Walgreens to restock our beer collection.  

Good sir made some delicious food.  We watched good movies and good TV.  We played Scrabble (with beer, which prompted a certain someone to hit the scrabble board thus rendering the current game over.  I won by default which is hilarious because he was totally winning by a landslide)

Some of the food we made consisted of this ::


Corn cakes, delicious and tasty corn cakes.  He made ranchero sauce to accompany them and they were spectacular.  

For dinner, we had this ::


Taken from my high school friend Ali's blog, Gimme Some Oven, we improvised to make it work from what we had and what I can eat.  We were fresh out of almonds (that's a lie, we never have almonds) so we used pecans.  We were fresh out of chicken (an even bigger lie, we've never had chicken in our house and I haven't eaten chicken in over 6 years) so we used seitan but we DID have spinach, hoorah!  It turned out delicious and I highly recommended you giving it a try.  

How were your weekends?

9 comments:

stephanie November 15, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

I love the sound of your weekend! Food, beer, games and hanging out. I like it!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket November 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

Yum! Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend- enjoying all the little things.

I painted away the whole weekend. :)

hip hip gin gin November 15, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Lovely weekend! I am a huge fan of rainy weekends, they let us to stay in and relax without feeling like we should be out doing something else. All the fun, none of the guilt, love it. Those corn cakes sound amazing!

this free bird November 15, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

It sounds to me like you basically had the IDEAL weekend. I love it when it's cool and rainy - the perfect time for movies and yummy food!! (and beverages, too, of course!)

xoxo,
Carrie
went to a sparkly jewelry event. oh sparkly things!

Isabel November 15, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

it sounds like you had a lovely weekend :)

A Crimson Kiss November 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

John and I had such a similar weekend-we only stepped outside for provisions, and to head to a bar to watch his little brother's college football game! So glad you guys enjoy yourselves and each other!

As for the jade plant, I wish I could give you some advice but I have a brown thumb-hope he perks up soon!

Nicki November 15, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

That pasta bake looks SO good. Perfect to eat on a crisp fall day!

Marisa Seguin November 17, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

Ohh that food looks terribly delicious. My macaroni&cheese suddenly seems very inadequate.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails