Our Wedding!

Friends, I'm so sorry this post is so belated.  But I hope you enjoy these photos!


My bouquet (I cried tears of joy when my florist arrived with the flowers, they were so beautiful and everything I imagined)


My lovely bridesmaids cut out the raffia and tied bows onto our menus while we were all in the bridal suite getting ready.  I love those ladies and I love these menus.  Jessica Bohonik created the menus and programs for us - the same designer/friend who created our wedding invitations!



My mother-in-law graciously picked up tons of lavender that morning and even brought me a bottle of oil to take home with me.  We used the lavender every where we could and it made me so incredibly happy!


Everyone helped me get ready.  In fact, everyone helped everyone get ready.  I painted my nieces fingers, my niece helped me with my dress.  It was all so fun!


My friend Lauren was so helpful that day, she not only pinned that gardenia into my hair but she helped create my messy chignon.  


My groom looked so dashing in his 3-piece suit, don't you think? His boutonniere was made up of herbs and berries, I absolutely adored it!


Pre-ceremony champagne toast.  Lauren gave a great one and I instantly welled up with tears.


The bridesmaids bouquets


The happy ceremony site before the guests were invited to sit down


Pre-ceremony refreshments in the teahouse


All of our guests were given parasols to block the incredibly bright sun during the ceremony


My niece, Bree.  She is such an awesome girl to be around.


Bree and Ally laying petals down for me.  They were so cute in their cowgirl boots!  My mom sewed their dresses!



My beautiful bridesmaids and our handsome groomsmen.  My nephew was our ring bearer and he did such a fantastic job.  He was the hit of the party too.


My brother gave me away that day.  It was so special to me that he did that (and I have a feeling it was special of me to ask him).  Our father passed away in 1993 and I always knew from that point on that my brother was the only one for the job, no matter what.  He may only be 4 years older than me but he was more than just a brother to me and he deserved to give me away.  

Also, I loved the back of my dress and how it hid everything I hate about my back but showed off the good parts.  It's one of the many things that sold me.


My stepdad performed the ceremony for us, which was an honor.  He married my brother and sister-in-law 10 years before us.  He's a funny guy so he made the ceremony enjoyable for everyone while still heartfelt. It was absolutely perfect.


The kiss!  Gaw, I'm so short and my husband is soooo tall.


Mr. & Mrs. David & Meagan Badger!



This bridge...aah, I love it!


Right after the ceremony, we were able to sneak off and toast ourselves with a bottle of Mumm champagne before we took pictures with everyone.  It was much needed and I'll never forget him telling me how beautiful I looked.  



What beautiful ladies I have in my life!


They look so dashing!



My mom, brother and I.


Cameron looking as handsome as can be.  I loved our tree log ring bearer pillow I got from Etsy.  I think I'll hang it on our Christmas tree this year and for all the happy years to come.


I think this might be one of my favorite pictures from the day! 


Well, actually, I think it's tied with this one.



My mom made the just married garland from the Martha Stewart tutorial.  Badge & I slaved over the name cards for an entire week before we left for California.  We traced the names onto the cards so we could use the same font that was used on our invitations.  We collected wine corks for the entire year!


Where the dancing would begin.  This was right after the bridal party was introduced by our friend Jacob, the musician and emcee of the night!


David gave a great toast and thanked everyone for coming all the way out to wine country, and on a Friday at that!  Then we opened the doors to the wine cave and welcomed everyone in for a candlelit dinner.


We didn't get a chance to taste the food we served but turns out it wasn't necessary - it was superb!  Wine Valley Caterers did an excellent job with everything.


See? My stepdad is a funny man!




Our cake was delicious.  We chose a silver cake with custard and fresh berries.  I long for it.  One of the only things I had no control over throughout the wedding day was making sure the cake was put on the awesome cake stand that Jessica's mom made for us.  They didn't remove the original tin from it, thus making it look not quite as fabulous as I had dreamed.  


Our Best Man, Alex Preston, created this cake topper for us by hand.  It is awesome and we display it proudly.  If you're interested in having him make you one or know someone who might be interested, just let me know and we'll work something out!



We chose I Love You For Sentimental Reasons by Sam Cooke as our first dance song.  Not for any reason in particular but it was a good choice.










Planning my wedding was so much fun.  I'm glad that I had a lot of time to prepare (we were engaged for a year and a half!) and I don't regret any of my choices.  We had so many wonderful people help us out in so many different places.  Such talented friends and family we have!  It couldn't have been a more perfect day!  

Venue :: Hans Fahden Vineyards, Calistoga, CA - highly recommended, great staff, beautiful site.
Caterers :: Wine Valley Caterers 
Florist :: Verde Flowers, Santa Rosa, CA
Photographer :: Raegan Stremel, Louisville, KY
Wedding Dress :: Lela Rose, Ultimate Bride, Chicago, IL
Grooms Suit :: J.Crew
Invitations, Menus, Programs :: Jessica Bohonik, Seattle, WA (also check the invitations out here)
Groomsmen attire :: H&M
Wedding cake :: Sweetie Pies, Napa, CA
Ring bearer pillow :: Etsy; LittleWeeShop

34 comments:

Noodles and Waffles November 9, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

I don't know where to begin. Everything was so beautiful - especially you and your husband. I'm so glad you were able to capture all your hard work and love in your pictures!

stephiejane November 9, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! i love this, every last bit of it! what a beautiful, friendly, sweet, amazing looking wedding. my heart is warmed just by seeing the pictures...love love love :)

abigail November 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

so beautiful! The dress, the venue, the cake topper! Amazing!
You looked gorgeous on what looks like a perfect day.

shellie November 9, 2010 at 3:40 PM  

very beautiful....the photo of you with the parasol is GORGEOUS!

Anna Walker November 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lavender! I could seriously start smelling it as soon as I saw the picture!
Your whole wedding is so amazingly beautiful!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Teach.Workout.Love November 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

aw such cute and wonderful pictures!!! looks great:)

hip hip gin gin November 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Oh my GOODNESS!! Everything was so beautiful, and you can just feel the joy oozing out of the photos!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! And I am totally jealous that you had your reception in a wine cave, so romantic!!

taylor November 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

so GORGEOUS!!! You look fabulous!!! : )


http://gramercyboutique.blogspot.com/

xx

Melanie's Randomness November 9, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

How darling & touching. When I read about your brother bringing you up the isle it brought a tear to my eye. Your bouquet & dress are soo beautiful!! I love all the smiles in every picture! The bridesmaids dresses are so cute in the green & the umbrella. Perfect! Thank you for sharing! =)

this free bird November 9, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

EVERYTHING - the flowers, your DRESS, the venue - everything was just so beautiful and very, very happy. I love to see wedding photos like yours. Congrats!!

xoxo,
C
ps-those pb cups will knock you out in the best way possible. swoooooon!

Samantha Hutchinson November 9, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

Oh my goodness! So in love with all the details!

You look absolutely gorgeous and LOVE the shades of green you had your bridesmaids in.

And your shoes? Way too cute... love

Natalie November 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

beautiful photos! I especially love your dress and those lovely vineyard shots!

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS November 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

Oh Meagan! Thank you soooo much for sharing your big day with us. I love everything about it. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! And You + hubby look so happy together :) xo

a little black cloud in a dress November 9, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

Everything is SO pretty! You are stunning!

a little black cloud in a dress November 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

ps. the part about your brother is so sweet.

Megan @ Pink O'Clock November 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

what a beautiful wedding! you look GORGEOUS!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts November 9, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Oh My- So pretty- I started crying at the part where your brother gave you away and I kinda haven't stopped- I think I am PMSing but it is also all so beautiful.

I love your dress and the back is gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing all these photos-
the cake topper rocks- I love how you're SO much shorter!

Erin November 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Absolutely gorgeous!!! You looked so beautiful and that setting oh my gosh! Congratulations :)

Traveling Distances November 9, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

What a beautiful wedding! Everything is so lovely, especially all the bouquets and your dress!

liza November 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

Oh! Congratulations! Your wedding was so beautiful and so were you! I had so much fun looking through your photos. I would have cried with joy when I saw those flowers, too! It's all beautiful.

LenoreNeverM♡re November 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Congratulation!
You're absolutely a beautiful bride...adore all the special details as well~

xo*

Unknown November 10, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Wow, thank you everyone! You are all so sweet!

Kristen November 10, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

What a beautiful 'fun' wedding!!! I love the cowboys boots so so so much! I want to wear mine when (if) I get married!

Ps. I love your blog name, it makes me smile!

Michelle Kendrick Hartney November 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Absolutely stunning! I love the photo of just you two on the bridge.

Tanya Dempsey November 10, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

Thanks for the sweet comment. These pictures are gorgeous! A stunning wedding!


xx

November Grey

Stephanie November 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

Your wedding is breathtaking. As I scrolled I would gasp at each new picture! The candlelight dinner in the wine cave is truly unbelievable. What a romantic day. Congratulations!

stephanie November 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

BEAUTIFUL! All the details were amazing!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY November 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

oh, gosh...where do i start.

the flowers. perfection.
the setting. perfection.
the bride. perfection.

loved the boots, that your brother walked you (teared up on that!), the lavender...i could go on forever. thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures. i wish i had attended!

and i'm the same way...the pie dish is from my (step) grandmother and my bowl is from my mom & really, there is something so sweet about feeling like you're with them when using them.

The Neo-Traditionalist November 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM  

Oh my gosh!!!! I wish you could see me here---such a big sap teary over your big day. You look absolutely GORGEOUS and your groom is so handsome! Love that your big brother gave you away---I'm sure it meant the world to him. Congratulations dear Meagan!!!

xx Katie

A Crimson Kiss November 10, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Thank goodness my chair has arms-I would have fallen clear off! These images are so unbelievably gorgeous!

Kirby Margaret November 10, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

I'm so happy for you two! Love your dress of course, and I'll try to sneak it into the blog somehow without blowing my cover

xo

Signe November 11, 2010 at 2:07 AM  

Love these pictures of your big day and you shoes are just amazing!

Michelle {lovely little things} November 11, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

What a gorgeous wedding! I love the little details like herbs and berries in the bouquets.

DARIADARIA August 23, 2011 at 4:32 AM  

wow, this really is THE dream wedding! less is definitely more. so simple, so effortless but so romantic and tasteful. congrats you both :)
dariadaria

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails