This definitely means I love them, very much


Michigan Avenue, Chicago

Yesterday, it poured down rain in Chicago.  Seriously, a torrential downpour occurred several times yesterday.  My poor husband had to walk to the train amidst thunder and lightning while I got to lay in bed with Gus.  I felt bad.  But then, I got mine.  

I thought it had stopped raining for the day so I decided it was okay to venture out and finally make my way down to the dreaded American Girl store to buy Christmas presents for my two favorite little girls. I really don't enjoy going there.  The last time my oldest niece was in town, she had saved up her money and was ready to buy a just-like-me doll.  Well that's awesome, and I was proud of her for saving money.  It was 2 years ago and the temperature was 2 degrees.  My mom, Bree and I went down to the store on Michigan Avenue, bundled up with only our noses exposed.  We were in the store for 2 hours, lugging our coats and scarves and hats and gloves around the whole time.  Needless to say, Aunt Mimi was a big traumatized by it all.  Anyway, the fact that I was willing to go to the store for them really means I love them, right?  Right.

So back to the story here.  I go, I find what I need with the help of some employees, spend a fortune on a few things (grr) and then I'm done.  Quick and painless.  Until the downpour came back, and it got pitch black at 3:30 p.m.  WHY?!  I had decided to drive down there as far as I could, which turned out to be cheaper than taking the train.  I got there in all of 15 minutes but on the way back, all hell broke loose and an hour later, I arrive at home on the verge of a meltdown.  Thank God I made butterscotch cookies on Sunday.  I snarfed one down, had a beer and all was better.  But while I was stuck in the car not moving because traffic was at a standstill on every single street in the entire city, I just kept thinking, I sure do love those girls.  


9 comments:

Tiffany from HOLIDAY November 23, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

It takes a lot of love to venture to that crazy doll mecca. I did the same last Christmas for a Bitty Baby for Stella & my niece. I'm pretty sure I broke out into a sweat in there, searched for the nearest exit, and prayed that Stella doesn't get "into" this AG thing b/c I hate it. Instead I"m trying to force Hello, Kitty on her - so much cuter and affordable! ha ha p.s. cookies & beer...love it. xoxo

shellie November 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

cookies and beer...you are defintely my kind of girl!!!!! hello kitty...so much better than dolls....go japanime....i wonder if there is hellokitty manga???

Vanessa November 23, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

I have been to the American Girl store in New York once. A woman who worked there told me they had discontinued Samantha. I still have not quite recovered.

Anonymous,  November 23, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

I understand that. It's been raining like crazy over here in the past days and I had to go around from lawyer to lawyer for my shop and there was no umbrella that could give me shelter, i've got soaked wet all the time, nad I had the same thought. I must really want this shop.

a little black cloud in a dress November 23, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

I don't know how I missed that youre in Chicago.. and now I'm envious! One of my favorite cities!

Style, She Wrote November 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

You are very dedicated. Love your pictures! Thanks for commenting on our blog! xo style, she wrote

Melanie's Randomness November 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Ohhh I miss Chicago!!! It rained the whole time I was there. I somehow feel like I got the Chicago experience. =)

Melanie's Randomness

Ashleigh November 24, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

That storm was so freaky!! I was in the 'burbs but stayed late just to let it pass, I couldn't beleive how dark it got at 3:30!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails