Scrumdidillyumptious

Last night, my super amazing and talented husband-to-be cooked up the most amazing vegetarian comfort food for myself, Inna and Alex.  Oh my goodness gracious was it good.  As a strict vegetarian of 5 1/2 years, I don't really miss meat but I miss having dishes with meat-like texture.  So one of my favorite things to eat as a veggie is Seitan.  I can't get enough of it.  I love wheat gluten!  I do!  Since it's not exactly convenient to drive several miles to Whole Foods to shell out $3.50 for a tiny block of Seitan whenever I crave it, David Badger decided to take matters into his own hands.  The man went and taught himself how to freaking make Seitan!  For me!!!!  My GOD do I love him.  And I'm reaping the benefits until the day I die.  I'm so lucky! Anyway, on to last night...

Having left work early, he decided to go home and whip up a batch for our dinner and a movie night w/friends.  I came home, browsed around online and managed to find the best idea ever for what to make of the Seitan.  Chicken Fried Steak with white gravy!  I haven't had a meal like that in years and years.  We were both so excited about it.  I mean really, really excited.  And it was SO DELICIOUS - I can't even begin to describe it in a way that truly pays homage to its perfection. It looked a little something like this...


But with mashed sweet potatoes instead of brocolli.  Badger - your cooking skills are phenomenal.  I will never take them for granted! 

We also watched District 9.  Have you seen it?  What a weird but pretty good movie.  I really had no idea what to expect going into it, only knowing that all of the close male friends I have were way into it. 



It really was a good movie aside from the gore!  But I liked the aliens and the plot and the effects and all.  You should see it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails