So Many Weddings!

So as Mo gears up for the "biggest day of her life so far," I'm gearing up for the summer of "the most weddings ever attended by anybody, ever." I'm super excited for all of the wine, noshes, pretty white dresses, and hysterically happy friends. I cannot think of a better way to spend my summer vacation!

Of course, it also means purchasing forty bajillion new dresses, getting a kick-ass new haircut, and looking fabulous in 90 heat for three months straight. And if you know me, you know I hate heat. And sun. And anything that makes me sweat. If I could afford it, I'd get those creepy Botox injections in my armpits to stop the geysers of shame that erupt once the thermometer reaches 45 degrees. No joke.

ANYHOODLE, I'm in the market for some sweet cocktail dresses. I've got the one great wedding frock that looks something like this:


Although, I never seem to look as austere in MY dress; I think I need a metallic background to stand against. And I'd never wear such a restrained dress with such bridesmaid-y shoes. I'm thinking more of a hot nude pump, and a tailored tuxedo jacket for the cool evening.

To add to my summer collection, I think I'm going to purchase this little number from Victoria's Secret. I can dress it up with heals and bangles, but it's jersey so I can dance and drink in it!


I gravitate toward this shape of dress. I think I like the curve-skimming looks of the late 70s and the hugging jersey dresses from the early 90s. Big hoop earrings! Tribal bangles! And to top it all off, I need a sweet, kicky new do. I was thinking this:


Of course, I think I'll take the gorgeous face, British accent, and awesome makeup too. Is it possible to hire a personal air-brusher, just to walk around with me? Hm.

How about you? What's your dress style? High-waisted? A-line? Mini? Shift? What are your favorite dress stores?

2 comments:

Unknown February 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

WEDDINGS GALORE! Yes, I love that VS jersey dress. I looked on there for my bridesmaids a dress but they don't have the right colors. But I did see plenty of dresses to get for myself for no special reasons at all. And that hair cut is killer - it would look amazing on you. I'm so into wearing sexy clothes these days - the yoga really helps. Plus I'm all about red lipstick as of late. So I'm thinking slim fitting dresses, which are short and somewhat revealing but not too much. Not sure where to look but I love looking everywhere everyday. Hah!

dresses October 23, 2017 at 10:50 PM  

Graduation is a festive occasion - and one with surprisingly few rules when it comes to how you dress or what you wear. While thinking what dresses you wear.glamchase buy evening dress online ireland reviews

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails