Weekend recap



Carrot Cake Cupcakes.  So tasty it hurts.


Cute husbands on couches make for snuggly Saturday mornings

Cute husbands at pumpkin patches/apple orchards to pick out pumpkins to carve make for even better Sunday afternoons.




Farm animals to make you smile.




Enough apples to last us until next October I'm sure.  Applesauce has already been made.  Apple pie, fritters, muffins, sandwiches, etc. will be made very soon.  You can count on it.


I learned a technique for casting on stitches last night.  Also, I made one super wonky first row of a knit stitch but I'll definitely need to start over.  I spent some time in Barnes & Noble this afternoon just staring at knitting books.  Someday I'll get the hang of it, right?  Do you know how to knit? If so, any advice or great how-to videos/books you would recommend?

We also went to Carol's Pub (thanks Noodles & Waffles) on Friday night and saw some live honky tonk, ate Korean bbq (not really my cup of tea but whatevs) with great friends on Saturday and the boy and I watched football (grr, Bears!) last night.  

I love weekends.

13 comments:

Melanie's Randomness October 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

I love weekends like this! What cute photos!!

Noodles and Waffles October 4, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

I love knitting. If you're just getting started, don't buy a book. Instead check out websites like Ravelry. They are oodles of patterns for free. Also, check out knittinghelp.com for videos on knitting. I use it whenever there is a stitch I don't know.

Hope you liked Carol's Pub. I've had some fabulous times there. I hope it hasn't changed too much.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts October 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Looks like a lovely fall weekend.

Great photographs!

A Crimson Kiss October 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I'm completely envious of all your fall goodies-SF doesn't really do changing leaves and apple picking, so we're faking it with pumpkin bread, butternut squash soup and apple cider brewing!

hip hip gin gin October 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

Looks like a wonderful weekend!! Such cute photos!
And yay for starting to knit!! I've been knitting for years I find it to be so relaxing, I think you will really enjoy it. Casting on and binding off are the hardest parts in my opinion and you already have casting down so there's half the battle. My only advice (I am not very good I like to just do simple things like scarves and blankets and such) is to make sure you don't knit super tight and when you are first starting out count your stitches every couple of rows, you'd be surprised how easily you can drop one or (as is usually the case with me) add a few as you go.
Good luck!

Kristen October 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Oh yummy, you just made me really crave something SWEET!

I love going to pumpkin patches!

What cute cute cute pictures!

Small Burst October 4, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

I must have carrot cake. I love carrot cake and yea, i feel the same way. they are sooo deeelish it really does hurt. I do that bit where I close my eyes on the first bite to savor the deliciousness. sigh....thinking i'm gonna have to make some tomorrow.

Anonymous,  October 5, 2010 at 5:39 AM  

you know I have to say something about the cat. I have to. And farm animals. They're cute (shouting)!!
I have an apple tree in front of my house ( and plums, peaches, figs, you name it we have it) that makes the smallest and juicest green apples on the planet. I have to check Nicole's links for knitting because i love it too. So relaxing. Very cute pictures.

Alyssa Goodnight October 5, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Carrot cake cupcakes...mmmm.
Cream cheese frosting...mmm mmm mmm!

stephanie October 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

http://www.knittinghelp.com/

That website helped me a TON when I first started knitting a couple years ago. It also got me completely motivated to learn how to do more fancy stuff. Good luck!

Kirby Margaret October 6, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

Love your weekend! I think you should make some apple crisp aswell. super easy and really yummy!

JMay October 11, 2010 at 1:45 AM  

This weekend sounds perfect! Love all the pics :-)

Can't wait to go to the Pumpkin Patch :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails