Footie Fever

Ladies and gentleborts, I apologize if you don't see or hear from me for the next 4 weeks or so: I am mostly watching the World Cup.


These are my boys. Despite a disappointing performance from the Azzurri yesterday, I put it down to their typical arrogance (and good looks). I still have plenty of faith that the Cup will be going home again this year.

I'm an Italy supporter all the way. I only support England if they're playing the US. Then I go to a bar and sing football songs as loudly and obnoxiously as possible...

I've got to hand it to the US though, it was a fair game.


I'm excited for a lot of teams: Europeans (Germany looks incredibly hot, well, efficient; Spain), Africans (Go Ghana! Cรดte d’Ivoire are about to go on and I can't wait to see if Drogba can play through his injury. And SA deserve to go far on their home turf), and of course all the S.American big guns will be playing in the next few days.


There's great coverage on Vanity Fair (yes, including topless hotties), the FIFA World Cup website and ESPN3.com of course! I also found a list of Chicago venues showing most or all of the games.



The time difference for the matches is already killing me a bit, and I might have to skimp a bit on sleep in order to catch the games and still have a career, but the World Cup happens once every 4 years and it's Just Too Exciting!!!

2 comments:

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS June 15, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

This is my question - why are soccer players so hot!?? :) I'll be watching as well - can't wait.

ashley // chasing heartbeats June 16, 2010 at 1:11 AM  

I love all the excitement of the World Cup! Obviously I am routing for Germany and it is insane how patriotic everyone becomes, the world pretty much stops when a German game is on. Fortunately for me, we are in the same time zone (big plus), but I must admit that my favorite players are always the cute ones. or the players wearing headbands ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails