Whoa, seriously?!

What's the deal?!  Was I really just sitting in my living room with Raegan listening to a tornado siren?  Really?!??! Looking at the local news on the TV being nothing but red and pink radar clouds with a giant TORNADO WARNING: COOK COUNTY, IL across the screen?!  When I moved here, I thought I left this stuff behind me.  That is, consistent tornado threats and severe storms.  I'm not naive, I know that other places besides tornado alley get storms - severe at times.  And I've gone through several crazy Chicago storms in my 5 years here.  But damn has this been one stormy spring/summer, right?! Much like what Kansans call every single spring? 

Not gonna lie though, I kind of like it.  In a sick messed up way I'm sure.  You know, you live through a deadly tornado and then you grow up to kind of like the threat in a twisted way...get it? Twisted?  Yeah.
Photos via Chicago Tribune

4 comments:

Small Burst June 24, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

awesome pictures. I know what you mean about liking the tornados in "twisted" kind of way. I think it's the excitement and the danger. Do you think this is why some women like bad boys? They're exciting and dangerous too.

Kirby Margaret June 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

I love storms too. they are peaceful in a weird way.

Where in Kansas are you from? I have family there, in Lawrence. and I probably spelt that wrong.

xx

Unknown June 24, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

I'm from Wichita but I lived in Lawerence for a few years! I was just there a couple of weeks ago for my best friend's wedding. They got married in South Park and had the reception at Liberty Hall!

Anonymous,  June 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

It was a glorious one! I was on 90 heading downtown for the heat of it and got wonderful views of the lightening hitting practically everywhere. my friend was flipping out, but I found it almost soothing :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails