Wimbledon


That's where I grew up. That's also where some kind of tennis-fueled madness takes over once a year. And it's that time of year again.



Despite growing up there, I only actually went once, perfering to beat the crowds and get the best of the action replays at home. That said, I rarely missed a game and used to schedule summer exam revision around the big matches.


My famly are all crazy tennis fans (my 99 yr old grandma still is!) and I have fond memories of watching the men's finals together on lazy afternoons after sunday lunch.

Wimbledon fortnight always makes me homesick for all the things I know and love about home, like...


... queues (!)...


...rain (!)...


... strawberries and cream, official food of the Championships (nom) ...


... and the Wombles of Wimbledon Common!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 23, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

LOVE Wombles.

A Crimson Kiss June 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

The Wombles of Wimbledon? They're so adorable! But not quite as cute as those tennis players...

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails