Speaking of thinking local...

I was looking at things to do in the Napa area aside from the obvious, and I came across the Oxbow Public Market located in downtown Napa's Oxbow district.   


It's been dubbed Napa's new food mecca by Food and Wine and I can't wait to check it out for myself when we are out there (in less than two months, and don't worry - I'll keep doing this).  Everything about this place is local - from the food and wine to the ice cream!  The brains behind the market is founder Steve Carlin, the man behind San Francisco's Ferry Building Market.  He took what once was a neglected downtown area and transformed it to this.  What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.

Throughout the summer you can hit up farmer's markets on Tuesdays and Fridays.  There's a dance party every Friday, locals night on Tuesdays where area musicians can show off their talents and finally various merchant events (face painting, beers of the week, etc.).  It all sounds pretty dreamy, don't you think?



1 comments:

hip hip gin gin June 10, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

This looks amazing! I'll have to remember it for our next trip out.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails