Ace Hotel - Portland

Someday soon, B and I are going to Portland and scoping it out.  Whether we decide it's right for us or not, we need to visit.  I hear it's bad ass.  And I can't see why anyone wouldn't agree.  Anyway, when we finally journey out there, I'm going to insist on us staying at the Ace Hotel because, well frankly, Ace Hotels are awesome.  Have a look for yourself!









See?  It's like having your own awesome apartment in the city even though you're a visitor from a faraway land!

Apparently even the dining in the Ace Hotel is the cream of the Portland crop.  Clyde Common, Stumptown Coffee, Kenny & Zuke's.  Is this true, Portlanders or those who have dined here?  I want to know, so badly! 

Free rental bikes!  Black & white analog photobooths! The Cleaners where you can see bands or have a wedding reception or a party!

I kind of want to make it a point in the next few years to stay at all of the Ace Hotel locations.  I've read so many blogs that feature them (especially the Palm Springs one) that I just HAVE to go to ALL of them and see just how great they are MYSELF!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  April 21, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

I stayed at the Ace Hotel when I visited there, and yes they are so badass! Everything is designed beautifully from the murals on the walls, to the pencil/notepad packet they leave for you on a desk. We brought our own bikes, but there are plenty of places to rent and the city is AWESOME to ride in! I <3 portland.
Jess

RILEY April 21, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

I have never stayed at the Ace (when I go, I stay in la-casa-de-hermana) but I LOVE PDX. if you have a chance, get out into the neighborhoods (Burnside, Hawthorne, etc.) because it's much more 'portland' than downtown. And hit up the Rogue brewery in the Pearl District. Awesome.

Anonymous,  April 21, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

I'll be staying at the Palm Springs Ace in about 2 weeks! wheeee!

Unknown April 21, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

Sarah - thanks for the great tips! Melina - couldn't be more jealous!! Jess - someday our dreams of living in Portland and being happy with what we do will come true.

Michelle Kendrick Hartney April 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

I was at the Ace Hotel in NYC and LOVED IT!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails