Nan Lawson

Maybe some of you have seen Nan's work posted around the blogosphere.  If you haven't, get ready for a HUGE dose of cuteness! 

About a month and a half ago, I requested a custom portrait of my little family as a wedding present for my husband-to-be.  Since her work is so incredibly amazing, she's super busy and I was put on a 4-week waiting list after we hashed out the details.  I sent her some pictures of us and our cat and she NAILED it:



Badger happened to be out of town on Thursday night so I went shopping for a frame and mat, bought an adorable card to go with it, wrapped it up and left it as a surprise for him to come home to the next night (especially since I was out of town).  It was too cute to resist - I couldn't wait to give it to him in August!  Sure I'm a little shorter and he's a little taller in real life, but it's still incredibly perfectly us.  I am in love!

Here's some more eye candy for you:



5 comments:

Anonymous,  April 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

I tried to get Rene Engstrom to do this for Alex and I but she was so back logged I wouldn't have gotten it until this year! Now I regret not following through.

Unknown April 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

You should have Nan do one for you. Although wedding season is approaching so she may be busier now! Aren't they the cutest!?

RILEY April 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

ooooh, I'm excited! I ordered one a couple weeks ago for the boy & my anniversary in mid-May. can't wait - yours turned out absolutely lovely :)

Anonymous,  April 20, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

They are freaking adorable! How much did it set you back?

Unknown April 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

Only $40 plus $3 shipping! So worth it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails