You are very nice, kind sir or ma'am or whoever you were!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that there are still many a nice people in this world.  This morning was a noteworthy/blog-post worthy kind of morning that truly warmed my heart. 

Here's how it starts....


I was having a turdris (see above) kind of morning.  I had to wake up early to come in to work early so I can leave early to get to the airport and fly to K.C. (more on that in a bit).  I went to bed late because when Badger is not around, I tend to go all out and start organizing things and cleaning things and sneak some wine in and paint my nails and the next thing I know it's late and I still need to watch Project Runway so I say screw it and keep doing what I'm doing and then I settle down to watch P.R. and paint my nails and pack and all of that.  So it's midnight and I have to go to bed, like 2 hours ago.  So I finally go to bed, and Gus follows me and we're sleeping and snuggling and having a grand ole time when it hits me, at 4 a.m. that I forgot to reset my alarm!  So I get up, reset it and little did I know that it wakes Gus up FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT and he's all "MEOW meow meoow MEOOOOOOOOW!" from 4:30 - 5:30.  Thanks, kitteh.



So as I'm on the train, I decided to take out my ID badge for work and put it on so I don't have to deal with that at security (I work in the Fed, and security is tight, so coming in with a bag and a suitcase isn't fun).  After walking into the building and throwing my things through security, I realize I don't have my ID badge.  Crap!  Those things are expensive to replace and it's super annoying to use a visitors badge because you don't have access to my office and therefore have to wait for someone to stroll along and let you in, every time you go to the bathroom or something. ANNOYING.  So after I've given up on finding it and am resorting to the visitors badge, one of the security guards who is always super nice to me HANDS ME MY ID BADGE!  Apparently, some very kind person found it on the train where it had fallen off and followed me into the building.  I KID YOU NOT!  This is too good to be true!  Seriously, can you believe something like that happens still? 

The only downside to it is that I didn't get to see or thank the person who did this for me.  Which is too bad, because I would like to repay them.  I want to surprise them some how with cupcakes or coffee or a six pack or movie tickets or something, because their random act of kindness really saved me from having a no good very bad day. 

So thank you, whoever you are, I can't tell you how thankful I truly am!



This day had some serious potential to be really bad, so see?  Being nice makes all the difference!  I'm bound and determined to pay it forward and am hoping that this inspires others to do so too. 

Here's to a happy Friday!

Comics/Photo via Natalie Dee and F U Penguin


2 comments:

Raquel Mendez,  April 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

Its good to know that someone, you do not know, will do something so awesome for you!
Take care!
-Raquel-

Dori the Giant April 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

Ahh I love good deeds like that! Almost everyone my age (19) is always stealing and doing bad things, not caring about anybody, and it absolutely KILLS me.

I always return everything I find, and I always try to make people's days better! Your post made me happy. :) I should initiate a random act of kindness today.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails