Fantasizing

Since we're getting married so soon and all, the my mind is always on grown up things, like buying a home.  We've been saving up our monies and dreaming together of a fabulous house nestled in trees with a big yard, garage, and huge kitchen.  We know we are not going to find this house of ours in Chicago (nor do I want to for that matter) so the possibilities are endless at this stage.  This house is located in a suburb of Wyoming - not so much where I want to live but I'd take this house and fly it to the woods in Oregon in a heartbeat! 


This house is in the suburbs of an historic Dutch city and it looks out onto a brick wall.  While I prefer my view to be something more...er...breathtaking, the house itself would suit me just fine. 



This house, in New Zealand (awesome) is teeny weeny, but I don't care.  It's got such great character to it, and look at all that light! 


Last but certainly not least, this house....aaaaah, what a breath of fresh air.  This, is my ideal setting.  Nestled in trees with tons of greenery.  Oh how happy this would make me after being cooped up in the city for 5 years.  Of all the places in the country, this lovely house is located in Vincennes, Indiana.  I'm not sure what that location has to offer (close proximity to the soon-to-be-in-laws) but if we could live somewhere like here, for dirt cheap prices, I could consider it (I dont think so though, seriously, Indiana?!). 



That hallway!  Those shelves!  The airy quality! 



The openness!  That amazing leaf-green countertop! 

I think it's starting to show that I am the daughter of a man who once was an architect.  And a good one at that.  If only he were around still to design us the house of our dreams! 

Happy sunny + warm Thursday!

* All images via Dwell

3 comments:

Anonymous,  April 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

All I want in life - more than a husband, more than kids, more than a fulfilling career - is my own house. Since I've wanted to get out of Chicago the moment I got here, I understand not finding your here. However, something I've realized over the past year 1/2 I've been here is that little cities in lesser states aren't all that bad. I left Denver because it wasn't as global as Chicago, but now I realize that I prefer it. Blogging helps me see areas of the US that I otherwise would have ever thought about, such as Sacramento or Charleston, SC. Now I'm almost ready to move to small-town New Hampshire or wherever - my only requirements now are to have a house that isn't jutted side by side with other houses, and to be within walking distance of an ocean :)

Unknown April 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

I couldn't agree more. I want nature and space and NATURE and SPACE!

Celine April 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

I love fantasizing about what my next (OK, first) house will look like. I'm really digging the ones you posted. BTW, did I thank you for the award yet?? If not, thank you!! I just have to come up with 12 people to forward it along to. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails