Chicago Flea Markets?


Lately I've been reading a lot of blogs featuring super awesome amazing flea markets.  You Californians are lucky to be able to peruse the Rose Bowl Flea Market and you New Yorkers are pretty lucky to go to the Brooklyn Flea.  I haven't been to a flea market in quite some time.  I remember being a kid and going with my mom and grandpa.  Flea markets were their thing.  Grandpa went hunting for old horseshoes all the time (many of which I have as remembrance of him, he played in a league every week and I have all the stickers from their team; their colors were baby blue and yellow and they had those satin jackets and trucker hats with sunflowers on them, he wore that hat everywhere and it's making me laugh just thinking about it). 

Anyway (boy I'm good at side notes)....

Tell me, Chicagoans.  Do you know of a good flea market to go to?  I've never been down to Maxwell Street but I heard it's changed and it's not as good.  Is this true?  Do tell!  I want to go to a flea market SO BAD!


It's a warm, sunny day in Chicago.  All I want to do is skip work, lay in a hammock with Gus and Badge, grab a good book and have some sangria.  Is that too much to ask for?  I think not.

* Photos via here and  Polanoid

3 comments:

hip hip gin gin April 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

I can't help with any Chicago suggestions, but I know what you mean. I keep reading post after post of people's fantastic finds but I have yet to figure out a good place to go to in my area. I'm so jealous! We have many antique stores in the area but a lot of the time those items are really pricey!
Good luck, hope you find a great flea and snag some cute items!

DZA April 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Don't knock Maxwell until you've tried it. How can it not be "as good anymore" if you don't know how it used to be? That being said, http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/flea-markets/Content?oid=1109124

Anonymous,  April 30, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

starting soon (if not already), every saturday and sunday (sunday is bigger) there is a giant flea market at the Allstate Arena; it starts around 7am and runs till about 3 (though I believe saturday ends earlier). it's pretty good! and the vendors change quite often, so if it's a miss one week, it may be a hit the next... costs just a dollar to enter :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails