Feeling bookish


Hi loves,

Today I am in a funk.  Yep.  A classic case of the I'm-feeling-sorry-for-myself blues.  I think perhaps what I need is to get on the train and take it home, where my baby and the chief will be waiting with open arms to greet me.  That usually does the trick. 

ANYWAY...

I'm finishing up Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine, and while I did enjoy it, it wasn't one of those books that moved me.  I just spent half of my lunch in Books-A-Million trying to find something that would by chance call out to me.  But I failed at that. 

So I'm going to wind up on a plane come Friday (to see my besties in KC for Gracie's bridal shower/bachelorette party, woo woo!) and I'm going to be without a book to read.  That frightens me!  So tell me...do any of you sweet readers have a book for moi to stick my nose in?  Preferably something that is ASTOUNDING (no pressure), that won't put me to snooze, that won't take me years to read but will be definitely worth my time and effort?  Anybody? 

Photo via ropeburns

4 comments:

The Neo-Traditionalist April 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Oh lord, that's a lot of pressure. I don't know if you're a fan of best sellers, but everyone on earth keeps telling me to read The Help. I picked up a copy, but have yet to crack it open. Let me know what you come up with. Cheer up (as if it's that easy...)!! xoxoxo

Punctuation Mark April 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

that has been all over today... does it have to do with the funky weather? hope you feel better tomorrow after a good night sleep

Anonymous,  April 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

It's a fast read but I enjoyed Buddah in Suburbia. I also re-read Wrinkle in Time. If you're looking for non-fiction try Bananas, Beaches, and Bases by Cynthia Enloe.

Michelle Kendrick Hartney April 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

I enjoyed Lulu Meets God and Doubts Him...its a good plane book. Not challenging, its entertaining. It's about the NYC gallery world (fiction) I hope you're feeling better!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails