America's Scariest Trails



Backpacker Magazine has compiled a fantastic list of the scariest trails that America has to offer.  With Halloween approaching this weekend, I thought it would be fun to share them and hear what you have to say.  

My favorite read of this article was the section, "Really, I saw it myself".  The readers comments about their individual happenings got my heart racing and my imagination running wild!  Now, I have the uncontrollable urge to go hiking in one of these haunted places, with a group of smart and strong men of course, with weapons and things.  Who's with me?

Has anything scary ever happened to you while in the woods?  I was camping in Yellowstone with my brother and his friends 10 freaking years ago, and a bear came through our campsite.  Nothing happened but the thought of a brown bear roaming free in Yellowstone being inches away from me while I slept was pretty unnerving.  And awesome.

* Thanks for sharing this, Anna!

10 comments:

A Crimson Kiss October 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Nooo, no scary hiking trails for me! Just the idea of this is giving me the weebies!

hip hip gin gin October 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

No way I would ever go on one of those hikes. I'm much to scaredy cat for that. I haven't even been on any of the ghost tours here in town because I figure if I find out something truly freaky I still have to live here and I will have the heebie jeebies forever!

Anonymous,  October 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Nothing scary in the woods for me but once I came face to face with a young shark and his complete family, mom, dad, grandparents...they weren't interested in me at all but when I understood they were sharks and not just 'big fishes' I think I wet my pants. Thanks God I was underwater and nobody noticed.

Anonymous,  October 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Nothing scary in the woods for me but once I came face to face with a young shark and his complete family, mom, dad, grandparents...they weren't interested in me at all but when I understood they were sharks and not just 'big fishes' I think I wet my pants. Thanks God I was underwater and nobody noticed.

Welcome! October 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

hi hi! i stumbled upon your sweet little blog and i couldn't help but hit the follow button! can't wait to follow your adventures in the future! xo - kate
p.s. the name of your blog is absolutely my favorite!

Anonymous,  October 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

NPR always has great spooky tales this time of the year, especially on This American Life. I look forward to them every year!

Unknown October 29, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

Great reading material! I also always felt like I saw a person from the corner of my eye standing on a mountain top when hiking in Hell Creek Montana, I hope it's just from dehydration!

Anna-Maria October 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

As long as Bort brings his Big Pink Hatchet, we'll be fine...

Unknown October 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

Anna, my thoughts exactly. That big pink hatchet is just the trick...

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails