Check out :: Christiane Engel

Today via Poppytalk, I stumbled upon Christiane's blog, aptly titled Christiane's Scrapbook.  I instantly began to swoon.  Firs off, her October desktop calendar sold me and I finally replaced the cuddling kitties desktop wallpaper  (not that the kitties were a bad thing, it just made me want tons of kittens that cuddle together and that's not really realistic now is it). 

All of the cute illustrations on the sidebar were right up my alley so I ventured to her website and pretty much landed in heaven.  Here are some of my favorites after browsing only for a short while ::
People and Places ::
 Patterns ::
 Oil Pastels ::
Painted Postcards :: 

Lettering ::
Her Etsy shop, Desert Friends, has a few prints and fabrics for sale at great prices.  Wouldn't they make a nice addition to a wall in any room?  The state postcard prints are so awesome, if only there was a Kansas one!

Okay, so now you've seen her amazing artwork.  Here comes even more awesomeness from Christiane...


Not only does she create amazing illustrations but she also is a children's book writer! Talk about inspiring.  Writing children's books is something I've always secretly wanted to do but never really followed through with it.  After seeing all of her work, I might have to change my mind.  Any illustrator's out there interested in collaborating?! 

Well done, Christiane.  You are an inspiration to us all!

8 comments:

A Crimson Kiss October 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Oh my goodness-I'm in heaven! Those illustrations (particularly the cowboy print) are just too cute!

Melissa Blake October 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

I love the country pattern! She's one talented lady!

Aspiring Kennedy October 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

Yes- the London one is so for me!! {Although the weather has been amazing this week... so I shouldn't get grumbly... or it might turn on me!} :)

Anonymous,  October 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

ME, me, me!! You do the writing, i do the drawing.
I'm illustrating a children book, but it's just for me...but I'm not a child anymore, so it's embarassing.

Tiffany Kadani October 8, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

How fun and creative! I love collaborations!

Unknown October 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

wow, thanks for featuring my work! I'm just preparing some new US postcard artwork - if I manage to do the Kansas one I will let you know! Thanks again, Christiane

Unknown October 8, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

A Kansas one would make my year! You are so talented, I couldn't resist sharing you with my blog world!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails