That October feeling



It's hot outside today.  It has been all weekend.  I don't really understand, it really confuses me.  But, I kind of like it.  The sun is shining bright, the leaves are gold and orange and red.  They're falling gracefully to the ground and I can hear them rustling.  None of it makes any sense to me.  If it's this pretty outside then the weather should be crisper and baking should be more pleasant.  I am about to make some apple cheddar bread but I do fear the worst about turning on the oven.  I can't turn on the A/C when it's October!  But it's 80 degrees in here with the windows open and the sun is beating through the windows.  I couldn't resist taking pictures of our plants in the windowsill.  Our basil has been growing strong for over a year and whenever we use any it just replenishes practically right before our eyes.  The jade plant in the middle is going strong...it was a housewarming gift from Anna and Badger has taken it as his pet.  The bundle of lavender is so pretty to look at and smells great.  Yet another gift from Anna!  I like plants and she knows it :)

It really is just one of those days where the weather is gorgeous and the breeze feels just right, the sunshine makes everything 100 times prettier and the beaming sun through the windows casts a glow on everything in our apartment (I guess I'll just get over the heat, it will soon be gone for good).

This weekend I made the apple tart.  It was delicious.  So delicious, that it's completely gone.  It took a while to make it but we did it.  We didn't even have a tart pan but once again, Anna came to the rescue because we also had a gift card to Sur La Table that they gave us as a wedding present (seriously, Anna, you're good to us) so we went and bought everything we could possibly need and it was really fun doing so. 

Now on to making this...I love having so much free time to bake all this stuff and then work it off with some yoga!

3 comments:

Small Burst October 11, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

hmmm...that apple cheddar bread intrigues me. Don't really like to mix my apples with cheese but i kinda am curious about how this bread will taste...hmmm.....

Anonymous,  October 12, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

I love having free time too. I don't have much lately. I try to take at least 20 minutes every day, because I can't live without youga and now that I am swimming again I need it more than ever. I love to bake too, but living on my own i end up eating all the cake and feel gulty, so I avoid it.
I like your picture, I am a plnat lover too. October is fine. i just wish it was called july and the temperature was hot.

Captain's Granddaugher October 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

i can say from experience (having tasted - or rather devoured) this bread, its FANTASTIC! so good indeed that i almost didn't leave my bf a piece and nearly snarfed the whole thing down myself. i caught myself just in time to leave him some, because everyone should experience this deliciousness! thanks for sharing, mo!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails