Lusting for :: Heath Ceramics






While in Sausalito for our pre-wedding relaxation period, I convinced the mister to journey a distance unknown to the Heath Ceramics factory.  Honestly, it was probably the part about Sausalito that I was most excited about!  We walked from our bed & breakfast on one end all the way down to the other end of the area.  It was a long but beautiful walk, right on the coast.  We were even able to check out things to do after (we promptly sat down to eat shrimp tacos at a little seaside taqueria, it was yummy) so it was worth it for both of us.  

Heath Ceramics produces some of the best home goods/kitchenware I've ever seen.  They've been making ceramics since 1948 and they're definitely still going strong.  Every piece made and sold is crafted in the Sausalito factory.  For me, it was so much fun to wander around and dream of the perfect kitchen chock full of Heath goods.  Sadly, I was only able to come back to Chicago with salt and pepper shakers (the ones featured above, but in cream) but I know one day I'll make it happen ;)

You can read more about Heath Ceramics here.  There's a lot of neat stuff going on, and you can even find permanent collections at the MOMA and LACMA.  Also, consider yourself lucky if you live in Brooklyn, L.A., San Francisco or Sausalito as those are their only locations.  But for now, we can all drool over their website and sit waiting at the door for the delivery man to bring our fabulous home ceramics, right? 

5 comments:

Melanie's Randomness October 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

I love the simplicity of them! I bought a place & will soon move in. I'll keep them in mind because theses pieces are beautiful!

Anna Walker October 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

The mugs look awesome BUT the salt and pepper shakers are soooo awesome!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

A Crimson Kiss October 20, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

These pieces are so amazing-I love the texture of them! And as for the salt and pepper shakers, I think you made an excellent choice-they're adorable!

hip hip gin gin October 20, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

I love those salt/pepper shakers, so cute! Here's hoping someday your kitchen will be full to bursting of gorgeous Heath Ceramics!!

Unknown October 20, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

If only the prices weren't so steep I would have bought SO MANY THINGS!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails