God's Nightgown!


I started reading Gone With the Wind so long ago.  Back in May!  It's 1400 pages and in my defense, I've never read a book this long for pleasure and I'm no longer riding the train twice a day which was my sacred reading time.  

I've got about 70 pages left to go and I feel so excited and relieved to be nearly done.  What a wonderful story.  I've never seen the movie (gasp!) and I honestly only knew very little about it going in.  I knew about Tara, Rhett, Ashley, "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn", and that it was set during the civil war.  But there is so much more to it and it's totally worth reading.  My best friend listened to the story on an audio book and could NOT stop talking about how wonderful it was.  I was so intrigued that I picked up an $8 copy and got to work.  But then, well, I got married and stuff and stopped reading altogether.  So now that I've been fully engrossed in it for the last couple of weeks, it's hard to put it down.  It feels like such an accomplishment to have almost finished it and I can't wait to read how the story wraps up!  

I would love nothing more than to be Scarlett and Rhett for Halloween but it's really not easy, nor cheap, to find such lavish items to turn into a costume!  Oh fiddle-dee-dee!

7 comments:

Noodles and Waffles October 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

I loved this book. I got it from the library in 7th grade. The thing I remember most about it was that the text was written in two columns on the page. I have never see a book written like that since then...

Do you think Scarlett is a bit of a drama queen?

Unknown October 13, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

Oh I couldn't agree more! She is annoying and selfish and even though she is the main character I just can't feel any sympathy for her.

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. October 13, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

honey - WHERE have you been?! it's my all time favorite movie ever!

Unknown October 14, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

I know, Collins - I'm so behind the times! I don't know why I never saw it before. My bf is coming here in December and her and I vowed to watch it together since we both have read it. Also, I'm proud to announce that I'm FINISHED! It was great, so intense at the end. No wonder it's legendary!

A Crimson Kiss October 14, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Horray-you finished it! Such a wonderful book! I think John would jump at the chance to be Rhett and Scarlet, too!

Unknown April 8, 2020 at 1:04 AM  

I know all of or by heart

Unknown April 8, 2020 at 1:06 AM  

I know all it by heart. Read a lot of time

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails