Martha, Martha, Martha!




How come (almost*) everything Martha Stewart touches turns to gold?  Every vegetable, flower, pumpkin, etc. she picks up somehow turns into the most beautiful or delicious thing on the face of the earth?  I may not have ever actually tasted anything she's made but all of her recipes, whether cooking or baking, look and sound absolutely amazing. 

As usual, I've spent a long time browsing around her website and also flipping through the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living.  Not long ago, I would have been totally and utterly embarrassed at doing such a thing.  However, me being a domesticated wife and all has seriously changed that.  When I was wedding planning, I was always so excited to find the newest issue of Martha Stewart Weddings, and I was always anxious to check out the latest DIY projects available online.  My mom graciously created the "just married" banner for the reception entry and it turned out absolutely adorable.  It just amazes me.  And don't even get me started on her cupcakes.  I once bought a February issue of the magazine because it had a heart on the cover made of different colored cupcakes.  That, my friends, is when I fell in love.  I've been making cupcakes ever since, all thanks to her.  You can blame her or you can praise her, but either way there's no stopping me. 

Now that it's Halloween, naturally, one might turn to Martha for tips and ideas on what to make with in-season produce, how to decorate your house, a pattern for carving your pumpkin, etc.  Let me tell you, she has certainly not let me down this year.

Another reason I love her is because she has some great guests on her show.  Case in point - Seth Meyers.  I love Seth Meyers.  This clip on the website is really funny and I love that she gets some people like Seth to do and make things he probably doesn't do too often. 








Martha Stewart's Halloween Central is truly where it's at.  Just look at those cakes! The scary stairs! The cool carving patterns! Great costume ideas for little ones! The creativity just never ends. 

Yes, I admit it.  My name is Meagan and I'm a Marthaholic.  But I'm pretty sure it's not a bad thing and if I know you, it will likely benefit you (if it hasn't already) in some way or another.

* I say almost because we can't forget about this now can we? 

9 comments:

Tiffany Kadani October 6, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

You can tell that Halloween is Martha Stewart's favorite season. She goes ALL OUT and it is always fabulous.

this free bird October 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

If you're going to be any kind of aholic, Martha's the one to be. That staircase is incredible!!

xoxo,
Carrie

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. October 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

just found your blog and already love it! love the pumpkin patch pictures!

abigail October 7, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

Me too! i'm trying to convince my friend to let me make her kids Halloween costume.
And now I want to make a cake.

Alyssa Goodnight October 7, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

I love Martha too, but in a 'you make it and I will covet' sort of way. I hardly ever work up the gumption to actually try out a project. But I LOVE that ghost cake...

the chirpy bird October 7, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

I mean Martha isn't human, she can't be... I especially love it when she does things that normal humans can do and doesn't make you feel bad for not having a 'craft room' or other rooms in your house designed for stamps or ribbon or tulip bulbs ahaha Fab pics! I'm so excited for fall too
xo tash

A Crimson Kiss October 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

My name is Lena, and I'm a Marthaholic, too. That flame pumpkin will be in my house come Halloween!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY October 7, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

martha does halloween best. i splurged on her special halloween mag that's on newsstands now.

JMay October 11, 2010 at 1:39 AM  

Ahhh so cute! I concur w/ the chirpy bird...Martha can't be human ;-) LOVE allllll of it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails