Dolan Geiman

If you have yet to discover Dolan Geiman's art, you're in for a real treat today.  Based out of Chicago, Dolan specializes in silkscreen, painting, collage, etc.  His work is described as, "Contemporary art with a southern accent".  It's good, I tell you.

I came across his work sometime last year.  Our walls were boring me and I wanted something different to update them.  I found Dolan's Etsy shop by chance and fell completely in love.  It's the kind of style that I'm drawn to - that perfect mix of rural meets urban, rustic meets contemporary.  So I bought two panel paintings very similar to this, in blue and orange:

If money wasn't an issue, I would totally be all over this and this:




The company is billed as a green company since is work is produced mainly from salvaged wood, found objects and other recycled materials.  He works side by side with his wife, Ali Marie, director of marketing and operations.  Seriously, this couple/business is so amazing that I really want to trade lives for awhile.  Check out more information on their website and/or blog.

He even created the back bar display for Rockit Bar & Grill here in Chicago, which now I'm interested in going to just to check this out.  

7 comments:

hip hip gin gin October 5, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

Wow, amazing work. I love that first painting so much, it's perfect for today!
And that bar looks really cool, can't wait to hear all about it if you end up going!

the chirpy bird October 5, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Oh I love that so much! Loving the deer with antlers and loving those guitars!
xo tash

Ashleigh October 5, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

Very cool! I can't believe they did Rockit, I've been in several times and never thought to wonder who created such awesomeness :)
Contemporary with a southern accent - love it! :)

A Crimson Kiss October 5, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

I saw the guitars the other day who knows where and was so impressed, but had no idea who the designer was! His work is absolutely amazing, and that back bar is so manly-stylish!

Cara Kuhl October 6, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Love love love. ~ love the first painting you feature here, and love he is out of Chicago ~ what a great find!

Kirby Margaret October 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

love the painting! great buy!

xx Kirby

Dolan Geiman October 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Thank you for the wonderful shout-out! And thank you commenters for your kind words!

Dolan Geiman
Contemporary Art with a Southern Accent
http://dolangeiman.com
http://dolangeiman.etsy.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails