Apples to (so many) apples

I'm itching to use up some of our plethora of apples and here are two ways I'm pondering doing so.  We're going to visit my in-laws (feels weird saying that) next weekend, and my father-in-law is an avid fan of the apple pie so we're going to bake one up and send it straight to him to enjoy (that way we get a few bites too).  We're also going to visit Raegan and have one big reunion of sorts and I can't wait!  It's been nearly two months without her and that's just two months too long.  Anyway...

So for daily breakfast, I'm thinking that baking these apple muffins is a great idea ::


I recently made bran muffins with apples for breakfast but this time around I need, I yearn, for some added flavor.  

This next one sounds too delicious to not try. It's far more of a challenge but the end result would be SO WORTH IT ::


Apples, custard, preserves, oh my.  Yes, I think I'm going to attempt it but I might wait until the weekend when I have a certain someone's help...

What is your favorite recipe involving apples?  Please, do tell!

2 comments:

Melanie's Randomness October 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

I've had an apple custard tart! They are soooo yummy!! Definitely go with one of those!! =)

A Crimson Kiss October 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

Oh, apples! That custard tart looks divine, and I can't wait to hear how it turns out-have no fear, you can do it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails