Have a lovely October weekend!

It's finally here.  Jonny & Lauren have moved away, rent is due yet again and we're that much closer to another dreadful Chicago winter.  But October is one of my favorite (if not my absolute favorite) months and I can't wait to watch scary movies and eat apple flavored things all month long.

What are you all up to this weekend?  I'm trying to convince the boy that we need to go apple picking, like these lovely ladies here:


I think I'll have him dress up just like this, then he'll definitely want to go.  Just kidding.  I already won by telling him all the delicious dishes we could make with so many apples.  I am really looking forward to it!

Whatever you do during this first weekend of October, I hope it's great!

3 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts October 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

have fun apple picking!
if he does agree to wear the outfit I want to see photos!

A Crimson Kiss October 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

I love that you mention paying the rent today-a little dose of much needed reality! Apple picking sounds just divine. We're thinking about brewing cider, and this is the weekend to start! That way we'll have cider for Turkey Day!

hip hip gin gin October 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

I think we might also give apple picking a go this weekend if the rain stops. Last year we waited too long into the season and missed some of our favorite apples. I love having so many apples for yummy things, I just need to remember to freeze some treats for later in the year too.
Have a great weekend!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails