Weekend Recap


Good afternoon, friends! We're back in Chicago and what an adventure we had in Louisville!  Being on the road is always fun at first but a 5 hour trip gets to be quite exhausting.  The scenery was bland but pretty on the way, the red leaves really did make everything quite pretty. 



We got in our precious hot tub time, had many a beer and had a great time unwinding on Friday night.  We spent the afternoon with a group of friends at a brewery and then spent the evening looking at honeymoon and baby pictures (finally, I've never seen a baby/early kid picture of my husband until Saturday and boy are they cuuuuuute) with my mother-in-law and then partied the night away with friends.  We watched football (come on, Bears) yesterday and then drove home after sad goodbyes.  It was a great weekend and I can't wait to go back for Christmas!


My mother-in-law has a pug named Lucy who is a little over a year old now.  She is really the cat's meow.  We played in the yard for a long time and then she snuggled up on my lap as we looked at our honeymoon pictures.  It was so sweet.  Later that night, Charlie, Hadley's silly and adorable pooch, climbed up on Badge and I's lap and snuggled for a long time too.  I felt so loved!

On Thursday night, we decided to make apple fritters for dessert after snarfing down some delicious Badger-made chili.  We are so close to being done with the apples (only 9 left!) and I only have one more thing I need to make before our list is complete.  We baked a pie for his parents and sadly didn't get to taste it but we heard it is superb.  Today I plan on baking a caramel-apple cake and then who knows what we'll do with the remaining few apples.  I'm so proud of ourselves though, you give us Badger's a food challenge and we follow through - especially if it involves baking! 


Also, we watched the season finale of Mad Men last night.  Holy cow, Don! 

Hope everyone's weekends were great and that a great week lies ahead!

3 comments:

A Crimson Kiss October 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

First things first, Lucy is Adorable. I would like one, too, please!

And second, your whole weekend sounds amazing! I'm delighted that you guys had a great trip!

Anna Walker October 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Sounds like you had a great weekend! :)
I love the upside down picture!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

hip hip gin gin October 18, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Lucy is adorable, and I am quite jealous of all your apple treats. They are putting my apple slices with peanut butter to shame. Must start baking with our fruit before they start to go bad.
And can we please start a Mad Men support group?! Not only will I be in serious withdrawal come next Sunday, but the happenings of last nights episode had my mouth hanging wide open through the whole thing. I did not think anything Don did could shock me anymore but hoooooo boy, what in the world! And Betty? What is up with that "oh let me just touch up my makeup and just happen to casually be here all nonchalant" situation? Oy.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails