Weekend Recap









Good Monday morning!  I hope everyone's weekends were great.  Ours was!

On Friday night, I saw ex-coworkers of mine, had some one-on-one time with one of my favourite ladies, had serious snuggle sessions with Gus and watched Project Runway (are you as embarrassed by the ending as I was?  I felt so uncomfortable watching that - but I don't want to spoil anything for those who might not have seen it yet).

Saturday the mister and I had a lovely day together.  We scoured the Logan Square thrift stores for costume pieces (note to self, next year, do not go to the thrift store on a Saturday afternoon the weekend before Halloween unless you want to wait in line for 30 minutes).  There are no overalls to be found here.  Does anyone have any tips for us?  They need to be for a tall skinny man.  He's going to be Luigi!

We carved pumpkins.  His is way better than mine but that's ok.  I don't pride myself on carving skills anyway!  We watched Night of the Living Dead too.  They're coming to get you, Barbra!

Yesterday we watched the Bears lose.  So we drank.  All day.

Also, we decided we're going to Vegas in two weeks with family! Huzzah!

7 comments:

hip hip gin gin October 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Love the pumpkins! We spent a pant load at Ikea so we did a little drinking this weekend too, oy. Also random bit of trivia, Night of the Living Dead was filmed in my husband's home town. They're coming to get you Barbara can be heard in our house any time I see a bug and run for my life. The husband, he is a comedian. But at least he kills the bugs for me.

A Crimson Kiss October 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

What a weekend! We carved pumpkins, too-mine is far too embarrassingly bad to post! And yes, that was Buster! Of course you'd pick up on that!

Anna Walker October 25, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

Looks like you had a great weekend! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Melissa Blake October 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Lovely pumpkin. It makes me want to carve one! xoxo

Ren- Lady Of The Arts October 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

The pumpkin turned out fantastic I think those carving skills are awesome -thrift store the Saturday before Halloween? oh boy!
yesterday was a kind of cool and cloudy day and I decided it was time to bust out the hottie toddy for the season! Unfortunately my idea came well before five o'clock!

Unknown October 25, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Thank you for the compliments on the pumpkins! I used a pattern for Dracula (if you can even tell that's him!) and the mister free-formed the scary jack-o-lantern! It was really fun to do!

JMay October 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

Love this post, Halloween is my fav! That last image is scary too, perfect for this week, haha!

http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails